after all these speedies topics

now comes the hardest part ... 30 or 35 .. The 25 would be a bit too small for my everday needs. I like the look of the 35 but don't know if it'll look off with my frame. I'm petite and thin

I don't have any kids so don't have to worry about chasing after anyone with my bag :yes:

I was the exact same. All I had was shoulder bags and with everyone going on and on about how great Speedies are. So of course, I had to get one. On Friday, I got the Mini Lin Speedy. So far I am really loving it. Since I change purses all the time. I try to give equal love to all my bags. I don't think I would carry it if I was going to have to hold it for a long time. I would take my BH. I say give it a chance. Worst thing happens you hate it and you sell it. But at least you know you tried it.

sorry if I confused you guys. I wasn't thinking of using the speedie over the shoulder, it would be a scene :P ..... I was asking on the comfort level of hand held v. shoulder strap since I'm more of a shoulder bag person. But I think the speedie is really growing on me and like John said, a must have :wlae:

I don't think I want to get the strap for it though. I just need to get use to holding it or have a pochette throw inside so I can use the pochette instead while shopping. That should solve the problem of no free hands :happydance:

sorry I misunderstood ya, but if you want my honest opinion, all handheld bags are not as comfy as shoulder ones... However, if you must get a speedy, get the 25 size (or max 30) because its small capacity limits you to how much you can stuff inside it and therefore prevents "over-loadage" lol. Good luck!

Also, thanks Michelle!

i adore my mc speedy - it can get a bit heavy/cumbersome carrying w/o a strap but i love carrying it without one! crzy i know.. u do get used to it tho so after a while it doesn;t bother you!

I am not sure why but I find the speedy to be easier than a shoulder bag. I like to have it where I can see it and I also like that I have nothing falling down my shoulder every 5 seconds. It's just the easiest bag and most useful one I have ever owned. I have been converted to a handheld bag girl!

I'm a shoulder bag person but I still love the speedy. I must admit that sometimes it gets annoying.... so annoying that I just want to chuck it sometimes but I still love mine.

I absolutely adore my speedy 30. I think it just takes some getting used to, but I have 2 kids, I am a teacher and I carry my speedy EVERYDAY. I just put that baby up on my forearm and use both hands when needed. Now with that being said, I don't get the chance to marathon shop anymore so I don't carry it for extremely long periods. I cannot recommend this bag enough, lightweight and totally sturdy.

I love my Speedy!! It took a while to get used to a handbag v. my usual shoulder bag. I would max at a 30 though. I fill mine w/ all sorts of junk and it does get quite heavy at times. You will eventually get used to it though. I can fit books, clothes, notebooks...everything and anything into it. The Speedy is a wonderful bag, plus it's a timeless classic....Plus it seems safer to me in the fact that you have it closer to your body and it zips all the way up...But I do admit that I asked LV to see if I could put longer straps on my Speedy...they said no...but I think it would have taken away from the charm...Hope this helped :smile:

I was never a fan of the Speedy...and it didn't help that my Mum can't stand the design either! But now...two Keepalls later...I want a mini-keepall too :lol: Azur Speedy 30 will be my first speedy I think!

So go for it, you're buying the most classic of classic LV bags...! :yahoo:

hmmm... well you *CAN* put it over your shoulders (or at least I can......lol) but I do NOT recommend it because your arm either goes "horizontal" or you end up squishing the bag.....

hmm... lemme see if I have a pic to show you, be back!

EDIT: here you go, as you can see, it looks very very awkward imo... Also, no worries guys, I don't actually carry it over my shoulders, the pic was taken as a "demonstration or reference":P If you must carry it over your shoulders then get a strap... but even the strap is a bit funny imo....:Push:
View attachment 170954

Off topic, but Cecilia you look SMASHING!