After 2 years braces and 1 operation ...

1. ... I finally got my braces off! finally I'm feeling normal again and I can smile again! I got my braces when I was 23. the main reason was that I had to wear braces because my teeth needed to be straight for my operation on my jaws. I have (better: I had) an underbite of 4mm. (An underbite occurs when the lower jaw exceeds the upper jaw, causing the bite to be off and incorrect relation between the two jaws.) I had my operation in august last year and everything went just fine. I didn't had pain and I'm so glad I decided to go through with it. I knew my face would change a bit and I was a little worried how it would be after the surgery. well, after the (5-hour)surgery your head looks like a mellon :smile: but 98% of the swelling is gone now. But I didn't had to worry because the surgeon did an excellent job! it was totally worth it!
    For all people who have/need braces or/and need surgery: just hang on!!! you will be so happy when it's over and you can smile with your mouth full of beautiful teeth!

here's a pic of the new me.

ps if you want to see more pics you can always visit the weblog I made for my surgery. it's in dutch but at the left you can find albums with pics before and after the surgery:

2. I had the same surgery but wore braces for 5 years. Congrats.
  3. I remember how happy I was when I got my braces off, you have a beautiful smile, congrats!
  4. Congrats! I'm glad everything went ok.
  5. wow!!! what a beautiful smile!!! perfect teeth!!!!! have fun smilin'!!!
  6. Congrats. I remember the seeming immeasurable joy of having those things removed.
  7. Wooohoooo!!! Gorgeous whites! I got my braces off recently too. Such a GREAT feeling! I'm glad the surgery went well and everything :yahoo:.
  8. You look beautiful! Congrats!! I just got mine last month (I am 35) so I have a LONG way to go. Good to know that it was totally worth it.
  9. You look great! I can't wait to get mine off. Congratulations!
  10. Wow you look great! What a smile!

I had braces too but never went through what you did! Man that was some major renovation! I think it took my doc an hour at most to put my braces on! and I never had any cuts or bruises! Bless your heart!
  11. Gorgeous! All the pain was worth it, right?
  12. Ooow thank you!!! :heart:you're all so sweet!!!!
    I'm just so glad I went through this. It feels so great that I can smile without trying to hide my teeth and chin. (my chin was a bit sharp). I don't have to think about it anymore when I open my mouth now!
    And fortunately I didn't had any pain after the surgery (I only had pain the first year from my braces). But I had to 'drink' fluid food for 3 weeks and then 3 weeks soft food. I lost 3.5 kilos. The hardest thing to do was to learn to eat again after those weeks. And it took a looooong time to eat for example 1 croissant. luckily that's over. The only thing is: the feeling of my lower lip & chin and the left side of my upper lip has to come back. But I just have to be patient :smile:. It is definitely worth it!
  13. keep smiling!! Im so envious, i still have my braces on :sad:
  14. Beautiful teeth, beautiful smile, beautiful girl. :smile:
  15. Congrats you look really pretty!