Affirmation/visualization cds

1. Hi,

I thought i'd give this a try since we're a diverse group of people here..

lately I've been struggling with some things that have caused me alot of negative self talk... so I was wondering if i could find some cd that would have positive healthy messages that i could play in the morning to start off the day right?

I looked up some things on amazon, but was wondering if someone can recommend a specific speaker/cd... or if you would like to share your stress-relieving/ sanity-maintaining secrets or rituals??

2. I don't know of any CDs but there is a great book called "Learned Optimism". It is work, but a lot of my former patients read it and it really taught them how to change their self thought, not just superficially but really changed their internal process.

3. oh ok.. I'll try to find it... but don't get me wrong.. I'm generally a bright, cheerful, happy person... just get bogged down sometimes... and end up being too hard on myself... so i need positive thoughts "injected" in my brain..

i'm actually really excited about trying this out... i know someone here had said they use daily affirmations to help them with weightloss..

4. Well you could always simply write them on 3x5 cards and use them throughout your day...

5. A long time ago someone gave me a book called

You can't afford the luxury of a negative thought

I think you can probably still get it on amazon.:yes:

6. I bought some Cd's I am almost postive I bought them from Overstock.com since they are way cheaper than Amazon. They are called Indigo Dreams. I also bought 2 for my children. I like them. I also bought some relaxing CD music. If you do a search on the web you will also come up with a lot of stuff.
    Good luck.

7. thank you for your replies! I'm going to find the books recommended here...

About indigo dreams, what is the cd like?

I've searched on the web..but there's so much out there.. wealth building, religious themed cds... i'm just looking for something to increase self-esteem, and encourage optimism..

I also went to the library and got some motivational cds.. I realize that these self-help things really work.. it's all about what kind of thoughts you let into your head!