Advice/Words of encouragement please

1. I've been under so much stress lately, and it seems like everything negative hits at once, it's so overwhelming. I've been sick for like over a month and I have been on two weeks of antibiotic therapy and I haven't noticed much of a difference, I still have almost six weeks to go of it, and I am worried it's going to do nothing. And after this clears up, I have another couple specialty doctors I need to see to get others things fixed. I am very behind in my studies(due to sick), I am worried when it comes time for exams, I won't do well, and I don't want to ruin my 4.3 GPA, although I have been working with my professeurs well and they have been working with me in staying on track. And negative stuff just piles on top of that. I got my hopes up in something big and had plans, but it didn't happen and go through, and it was such a big let down(leaving out detail for privacy.) I am worried about my future and if everything will work out. Has anyone had a time where negative things just bombard you at once and you feel like you won't get out of it? I am at the point where I am tearing up at night laying down worrying about everything. I've talked to my family and friends and they all say that everything will be fine and things will look up, but it feels impossible. I feel guilty that I am complaining when things could be much worse and there are people out there having much harder times than I am. I am thankful things aren't that bad. I just feel depressed and overwhelmed. I am also worried that something else will come up and add to all of this. Sorry if it seems like I am complaining, I just know that you guys always cheer anyone up and always offer great words of encouragement. When you feel down and overwhelmed, what do you tell yourself and what do you do? Thanks for reading.:heart:

2. I know how you feel, I've had times where I've felt overwhelmed, but unfortunately, I don't have many answers. Just keep going, do what you can and accept what you can't. I find when I'm overwhelmed by assignments and work, it helps to write down what I have to do, and make realistic goals for myself. Can you get some sort of special consideration in your studies with a medical certificate? Don't forget to look after yourself and get lots of sleep, cause without it, your body can't heal itself.

I hope things get better for you soon, I'll put you in my prayers!

3. Ditto the sleep part. I too have noticed that sometimes life throws a bunch of sh!t at you all at once. You just have to put your head down and keep slogging through it. And more than anything you need to take care of your health because the stress can just wear you down. I am sending good karmic thoughts your way. And don't forget to hold your chin up, carry your best Chanel purse.

4. Don't be so hard on yourself..best wishes!

5. Purplekitty, sorry to hear that you're feeling sick. You are such a sweetheart, I wish you nothing but the best!

6. Purplekitty, sorry to hear about the horrendous time you've been having (especially where your health is concerned). Not easy to give advice, but I do hope things will take a turn for the better for you. As a fan of Liverpool Football Club, there's a club anthem (actually, it's from "Carousel") that is inspiring and helps lift me whenever I feel down (which does happen every now and then, I have problems like everyone else):

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

When you walk through a storm
    Hold your head up high,
    And don't be afraid of the dark.
    At the end of a storm,
    There's a golden sky,
    And the sweet silver song of a lark.
    Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain,
    Though your dreams be tossed and blown...
    Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
    And you'll never walk alone... You'll never walk alone.
    Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
    And you'll never walk alone...
    You'll never walk alone

7. I completely understand what your feeling. To get myself through, I realize that there are peaks and valleys in life, and if it wasn't for the lows, I wouldn't enjoy the highs and little things in life. Just this weekend, after everything seemed to be going great, it all collapsed. I just wanted to crawl under my bed and stay there. But after 2 days of crying, I had to regroup, get back up, and put my nose back to the grind stone. I don't feel better, but I'm doing the best I can and I'm functioning. I refuse to think about what ifs and what will happen tomorrow. I'm also dealing with illnesses, so I'm really offering a perspective of what's going on now.

You can make, you have support, and its good to get encouragement-TPFERS are great like that.:tup:Get well soon, and like others have said, don't be so hard on yourself. A warm bath, with lcandles and your favorite cd does wonders for morale:smile:

8. My life is a series of unfortunate events. ;) Actually for me it seems that when one good thing happens, something bad follows. But I'm trying to have a more positive outlook on life to see if that helps. Just try to stay positive, right now it seems you are facing alot, I have gone through periods like that, and the situation always improves. Try not to be so hard on yourself, you WILL get through this, so just hang in there!

*hugs*

9. Oh purplekitty, I'm so sorry things are so rough! Hang in there! I know how it feels to just feel overwhelmed and like things are out of control. When I get in a spot like yours (unfortunately, we've all had to be in similar spots. it's part of life), I try to focus on what needs to get done and prioritizing. i have a tendency to just keep adding things to my list when I get stressed out, so prioritizing is huge for me. Talking to your professors is key to getting through this, too, and it sounds like they're all being very understanding. Try not to stress too much about things you can't change (easier said than done, I know!) and don't forget to take care of yourself. Like dlovely suggested, maybe a nice bath, some candles, a good book, etc. to try and relax.

I hope you feel better soon! :flowers::flowers:

10. I just had to post this:

When you're at the end of your rope and you feel like your out on a limb, the only thing left to do is HOLD ON!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. Fabby advice dlovely!!!

Sending positive and happy thoughts to you. Sometimes, just being on longterm antibiotics makes you feel really down and not yourself.

Really hope you feel back to normal soon :smile:

12. Thanks Chloe baby. And your right about antibiotics and how they make you. I remember how awful Bubblicious was feeling when she was on hers-and then she had to keep changing them. Ugh. The best thing to do is rest, but because you may feel better one day, or you feel like your falling behind, you push yourself more than you should and end up taking longer o get better. Been there done that. Not going back:nogood:

I have a new job as a health educator and its surprising how many feel guilty for being sick and punish themselves (not saying that's what's happening here), but sometimes we have to show our bodies the same kindness and compassion we would show to a sick love one or friend:girlsigh:

13. purplekitty, you really have been buried under a lot of stress.

First, you've been sick for awhile and that affects mood, stamina, sleep, all the things that help us cope when times are bad. Take good care of your physical health so you can heal as soon as possible.

Second, when I'm feeling really down and it seems like nothing but bad is coming at me, I fall into the feeling that I will always feel as bad as I do right then; that it will never change. Of course things change--life isn't static.

Third, many times I find that my reaction to events and situations and people is the only thing about it that I have any control over. I really have no control over other people and most occurrences. So reacting in a healthier manner can make the bad easier to accept.

I don't know how much of this made any sense. I hope it helps to know lots of people here care about you and are sending you positive thoughts.

((hugs))

14. I felt under alot of pressure a few months ago also, and I know it feels horrible when you feel that the weight of the world is on your shoulders....but remember it is only temporal...allow yourself time to destress and pamper yourself. Also stay away for negative buggers (people) who will try to bring you down. There is only one way to go, UP! I will say a little prayer for you. Wish you the best!

15. Life. Its very true what they say, "when it rains, it pours." I'm sure everyone here has gone through this. But there are seasons in life and you are going through a dark one. These seasons build character believe it or not. You will come out of this storm stronger and wiser. You will have not choice not to! You will see how tough you really are and will be able to help someone else out there in the future because of it. Stay strong, allow yourself to cry but then follow it up with a bucket of ice cream and a funny book or movie. And keep in touch here. You know we will support you through all of this.