Advice to future Chanel owner!

1. Hi Everyone!

I am fundamentally a Coach girl with all my handbags and accessories, and my experience with Chanel has been limited to drooling over pictures and buying makeup, fragrance, and eyeglass frames.

Here is the deal.

Next fall I will be deploying to Iraq, and will also be re-enlisting with a big bonus attached. My husband and I are keeping a large portion of our bonuses and pay for ourselves, and we plan on taking our RnR in Germany. From there, we will go to Paris as I have told him that I would like to visit the HoC and of course pick up something vintage if I can!

I have a few goals with my future large cash flow (which will feel good as I will work very very hard for it!)

I would like, at the very least:
    1. a handbag (preferably something classic and small like the flap with chain link strap)
    2. ballet flats
    3. cap toe shoes
    4. a suit

What I am asking from all of you enthusiasts is this:
    do you have any suggestions for me on what I should look for? The experience will be fun but if I already have an idea of what I want it will make it less overwhelming.
    What I am looking for is not necessarily specific products, but ones that can give me an example of what I want, considering I will not be over there until 2009. :smile:

Thank you!!!
  2. You can't go wrong with a classic piece, but with the pending increases, only God knows what one will cost by then.
  3. God I know!!! I will probably end up spending most of my bonus on one thing!!!! :-/

But since I will be in France, maybe I will try to go to a flea market and scoop up some vintage.
  4. Good luck in Iraq! I have just done two years there, I know exactly what you are going through, (I got my first Chanel as my own medal to myself), anyways I think what you should look out for is something that you would use often and make you feel glamourous!
  5. I don't think you can go wrong with a Jumbo Caviar Flap, or any of the Flaps for that matter.