Advice on First LV Bag

1. I am new to the forum and would like to ask you fashionistas for a little advice.

In the next few weeks I am going to be adding my very first LV to my purse collection and there are a few that I like.

The decision has come down to the LV MG Lockit or the LV Damier Speedy.

I live in the midwest, so the weather is rainy/snowy/humid quite a lot. The damier has the darker leather, but some opinions say that people will not know its a real LV because of the pattern. I think I like the pattern so much because of the subtlety.

The Lockit on the other hand screams LV and I LOVE the shape.

What do you all think would be the best for my first?

2. Welcome to the forum!!

I think either one is a good choice for your first bag. However, you may want to go with a classic monogram first and then maybe add damier later? Good luck with your choice!
  3. Welcome! I would get the Damier speedy. I think the Speedy is a classic piece that will be a good start to your future LV collection. IMO, people are more likely to think that the mono, rather than the Damier.

You also have to consider whether or not you want a hand-held (speedy) or a shoulder (lockit). But, my vote is for the Damier speedy.

Good luck!!
  4. I know this is not on your list but have you seen the Mini Lin Speedy? The great thing about it is that there is no Vachetta to worry about and you still get the LV logo but it does not scream LV like mono does.
  5. Damier speedy because not a lot of people have it, well not that I see of. Plus you live in a weather changing place I think a Damier is less maintenance.
  6. I'd go for the Damier Speedy. It's super practical because it's roomy and basically weatherproof. I don't think it matters that people won't know it's LV, people who appreciate the brand will anyways.
  7. Hmmm...I always think that the perfect first LV bag is a classic mono piece, think Audrey Hepburn and the speedy 25 or 30. BUT, it all depends on what you like. If you like the Daimer then go for it! Don't worry about what anyone thinks. It is your bag, and no matter what you get you will know that:
    1) it is authentic
    2) it is your taste
    3) you are wearing it, so be confident and rock it!!

8. I would suggest the Lockit. For a first LV, the monogram canvas would be my suggestion though if you are worried about vachetta issues you might want to try and look at the Mini Lin Speedy as was suggested. It combines the classic shape of the house plus worry free handles. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll love it because it's a Louis. Goodliuck ;)
  9. The speedy (in any pattern) is such a classic. I just love it and I think most people do. That would be what I would go with. Good luck and let us know what you get!
  10. The lockit. I have it, and love it.
  11. my vote goes to the speedy.
  12. The lockit. I also have it and love it.
  13. I love Damier. I'm so close to getting the damier papallion.
  14. Will you be going to the boutique? If so, find a friendly SA and he/she will be a big help to you in picking out the right bag. If you're ordering it, I would say go with the damier speedy. I have it and it's so durable for the weather you have and it is so classy yet casual, too. I am drawn more to the damier than the monogram because it is more subtle. E-luxury has a very liberal return policy in case you don't like what you order. Good luck!
  15. I'd go with Lockit. More classic looking. Damier looks like a kitchen towel, imo and also speedy hangs really badly.