Advice needed: Celine belt in deepsea, Gucci bamboo daily in red, Dolce&Gabbana Miss Sicily in red

Breadnbrie

Jun 11, 2016
image.png
View attachment 3426280image.png image.png
Im currently looking for a rich blue and a true deep red bag as classic staples in my collection. I do think that after these finds, I will be "bag content" for a while.

After a lot of research, I've settled on the Celine belt in deepsea, and the Gucci bamboo daily leather top handle in red. The problem is 1) these are seasonal colors and I don't know how long they will be in stock, so I'm having a major case of Fear of Missing Out, and 2) I would feel pretty guilty buying them both in August, since I've been spending a lot on purses this year already. I've just discovered premium designers this year, so I'm still building my basics.

Since I figured the Celine is in more limited quantity, I've already made an appointment to go see the bag in person in a few weeks, and planned to purchase the Gucci in a couple more months. However, I'm noticing that some major retailers have stopped carrying the Gucci in the medium size in red, which to me is a sign that the color is on its way out. This brought me to seek other red alternatives, and I found the D&G Miss Sicily Large in red which seems to be new this season, which I adore the look of, but have concerns as to its wearability as a sturdy, everyday bag.

Right now I'm looking at 4 scenarios and hoping to get insight from some wise ladies and gentlemen who are perhaps more familiar with the supply and demand of these brands, and of the individual characteristics of the bags themselves. I'm hoping to hear from owners of the Miss Sicily particularly.

1) Buy the Celine now and hope the Gucci is still available in 2 months, but purchase the Miss Sicily if it isn't.
2) buy the Celine now, write off the Gucci as a lost cause, and purchase the Miss Sicily later.
3) buy the Gucci now, and wait a few months on the Celine deepsea.
4) Bite the bullet and buy the Celine and the Gucci now. To be clear, I can afford to do this, but am still looking at this option as a last resort because I really have made a lot of purchases lately and I feel like I should regain some semblance of self control, lol.

Thank you for making it through this novel and thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Try out the Celine first. I didn't care for the opening. It's a pain to get in and out of. As much as I love the look of the bag, it wasn't functional in my daily life. Sadly, I had to leave it.

Thanks for the insight. It's always good to hear opinions like this before I go to the store. I get very one-track-mind once I'm in the store, and I am terrible with delayed gratification, which is not a good combo [emoji23] I love the style so much though, it might just be worth the inconvenience. We will see.

I probably would be more disappointed if I missed out on the Gucci than the Celine. I've also been bag-crushing on it for longer, and sadly I do think this color is on its way out. I'm leaning towards getting the Gucci now and waiting on the Celine, reserving judgement until I try it on.

Does anyone know generally how long the fall lineup in any given season stays in stock for? I understand it's difficult to predict, but if I fall in love with this Celine from the fall 2016 line, would I be somewhat safe waiting until, say, October?

I think it depends on how much you want the Gucci BD. Personally, I wouldn't be happy with any alternative just because of the colour, but if it's just the colour you want over everything then I suppose the Dolce MS is a good alternative, slightly less 'mod' and versatile than the Gucci. I see the Dolce as a bit more more 'lady-like' or even va-va-voom, that could be good thing too. I can't speak about Celine as I haven't looked at them for a while but I do love the colour.

I think it depends on how much you want the Gucci BD. Personally, I wouldn't be happy with any alternative just because of the colour, but if it's just the colour you want over everything then I suppose the Dolce MS is a good alternative, slightly less 'mod' and versatile than the Gucci. I see the Dolce as a bit more more 'lady-like' or even va-va-voom, that could be good thing too. I can't speak about Celine as I haven't looked at them for a while but I do love the colour.
Deep down, I think if I get any red bag besides the Gucci, I will probably be disappointed. This particular bag checks all the boxes: durable, pebbled leather, nice medium size, top handle, shoulder strap, and fits my casual, simple style the most. Thank you for answering my question.