Advice for bringing my SP'06 back to life

1. Hi
    My name is Tara, this is my first time posting here. I have an ever growing Coach collection.I am a full time nursing student and hence...unemployed.So lately I have been at the mercy of what my boyfriend picks chooses as gifts for me. Thankfully he has been picking out fabulous bags for me!
    My favorite being the spring '06 patchwork med tote he got me for my birthday. I love it! It matches my entire Spring/Summer wardrobe, and I always get tons of compliments!
    Sorry if I am gloating or sound like a brat! Once I just get started talking about bags and I cant stop;)
    anyway....why am I here? oh yeah...

I came across "purse blog" site after "googling" forever looking for tips on- 1. how to clean the horribly dirty suede on the bottom and trim and 2. how to clean the rest of the bag(patchwork)

I have used suede brushes and erasers with little success,the suede on the bottom is extremely flattened as well as the trim strips.
    I know this is bad, but i cant afford to have it professionally cleaned...does anyone have a miracle cleaning tip or technique?
    any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

coach bag 001.jpg
  2. Don't know what to tell you Tara..the Suede kits have always worked GREAT for me. Good luck!
  3. I don't have any cleaning tips, but good luck with that. If the suede cleaner isn't working, take it to the store and ask them what can be done.
  4. Honestly, I'd just save up for a little bit and get it professionally cleaned when you have the cash. You could get an estimate on the bag in the meantime - it might not cost as much as you think! I'm a student too, I understand your situation :smile:

Welcome to TPF, and trust me, you don't sound "like a brat" at all, juts an enthusiastic purse owner! We're all very proud of our bags here!
  5. Hi Tara! Sorry, I don't have any advice for you. I've only got a dark suede bag and so I haven't had to worry about doing any hardcore cleaning. Luckily it doesn't show the dirt as badly as a light-coloured bag. I agree with elongreach that you could take it to the store and see if they have any advice.

Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome! This is a great forum for any handbag addict! :flowers: