Adult Acne Products

1. I need some help from skin care experts....

I'm 25 (turning 26 very soon), but I have adult skin. It's not oily (on the dry side actually), and it doesn't really break out anymore. But my face just started breaking out again, I think from stress.

What are some good ADULT acne products to try? Meaning no Clearasil, Oxy, Clean and Clear, etc. I have very sensitive skin. I can't use AHA's at all and I don't want anything too drying. I tried Proactiv, but it seems to have made it worse. Is there anything gentle that can make this go away?

Help! :sad: TIA!

2. Hi there

I don't have any answers for you, but I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm 27 and have oily skin, prone to breakouts, blackand whiteheads and general lumps and bumps. I'm thinking of trying some Mario Badescu products. I hope someone can give some better info, good luck!

Rachael.

3. I'm 27 with normal skin but usually had breakouts when I was PMSing or really stressing. For the past several months, this has been my nightly ritual:
    1) wash with Neutrogena's Oil-free Stress Control Power Scrub.
    2) I use Philosophy's Hope in a Bottle in my t-zone, which is where I tend to break out the most - around my nose and chin areas.
    3) Then I finish with Philosophy's Eye Believe around my eyes, and Philosophy's Hope in a Jar for the rest of my face.
    I've probably only had 5 pimples due to stress and PMS in the last several months. My pimples are not nearly as bad or frequent as they were in the past. I also use Clean & Clear's Invisible Acne Patch at night if I feel or notice an underground pimple. Sounds like a high maintanence process, but it's so worth it.

4. Dermalogica has a new line out for adult acne called medibac clearing. their antibac clearing has worked very well for my adult acne so i am looking forward to this line. so far i have only used the clarifying mattifier and overnight clearing gel, both with good results. i'm buying the rest of the products this weekend. i love dermalogica and have had good experiences with it in the past - so i'd recommend trying them out.

5. I've been reseaching this line, it's not out in the UK yet but I've found a trial size kit on eBay so I might give it a go. Can I ask what kind of results you've seen?

6. I hear that the Clinique acne line is very good.

They are the number one skin care company in the world so they must be doing something right.

7. I have also heard great things about Clinique. Two of my friends use their 3-step skin care process and both love it! They have beautiful skin so that would be something I would check out.

8. Thanks for the suggestions ladies! :heart:

My mom and sisters love Clinique, but I'm scared to try it again. I had a bad experience with it once-- a sample of Turnaround cream made my eyes swell shut. I can use BHAs sparingly, but I'm very sensitive to AHAs.

I ordered some Mario Badescu drying lotion and the glycolic toner. I'm going to try using it with my Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer to see if it helps.

My skin isn't terrible, I've just been getting whiteheads when I get stressed out. All the acne products I've been looking at seem so harsh and full of chemicals! :nogood: My skin is sensitive and not oily, so I think if I use something for "oily" or "acne prone" skin, it will just dry me out and make it worse.

If this doesn't work I'll try the Dermatologica, because I've heard good things about it.

9. If you have very sensitive skin, you could try simple which is very mild, it's tailored fo sensitive skin actually... it's cheap and good! Give it a try.

10. Products with a combination of benzoyl peroide and clindamycin have been proven to be most effective in treating acne. I don't know what's available where you are (I'm currently on the other side of the globe). I generally have decent skin but suffered a major (and over-long) breakout a while back and this combo did wonders for me (the product I use is called Duac) along with some Paul and Joe skin care.
    One thing you may want to give a try is Chantecaille's Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask. It works for all skin types. I apply it once or twice a week and any beginning breakouts are instantly diminished. Plus it smells heavenly! It's a bit pricey but one jar lasts a really long time. I would suggest trying a sample first.

11. I've heard great things about Paula's Choice skincare and plan on trying it myself soon. It has to be ordered online from www.cosmeticscop.com

12. with the antibac line, i've had great results. with the new medibac line (which is replacing antibac) i've had positive results as well but i havent been using it very long. i really like dermalogica in general - definitely get the trial kit! good luck!

13. I've just bought it from eBay, can't wait to get started with it! I'm also interested in the pre-cleanse and daily microfoliant but not sure if that would be too much all at once. I'm a little worried that the medibac line might be too strong as my active breakouts aren't as bad as they used to be due to medication (I still get some though). My main issues are congestion and black and whiteheads but the dermalogica website seems to be saying that this line is good for those concerns too. Anyway, will report back when I've started using the products. I'm also considering going to my local dermalogica salon for face mapping, have you had this done?

14. I had adult acne on my chin and the only thing that works to keep it at bay was the clear skin regimen from acne.org. I use it now at the first signs of trouble. I had very bad painful acne at the age of 40 and so glad I found that site. I also use Olay Regeneriste cleanser daily.

15. I like Skinceuticals, MD Forte and Dermalogica, but my skin tends to be oily, not dry.

I just bought one of the Zeno things (sorry, I can't think what the correct name is). Anyway, if you aren't familiar with it, it's a handheld gizmo that you put on a pimple for 2.5 minutes and it helps the blemish to clear much quicker than if you had left it alone.

I tried it yesterday and it worked. The spot is virtually gone and it's been only about 24 hours.