Adoption

1. I am currently considering adopting a child. I am just getting started in learning how this process works so if anyone out there could chime in and offer their experience and some advice I would greatly appreciate it....I want to adopt an Asian baby boy no older than six months to a year old. I also have two biological children, two girls. I'm looking to fill my home with another child. I want the experience of having and caring for a male child. I feel this will complete and satisfy my maternal needs.

2. Just wanted to say I think what you're doing is wonderful! Good luck!

3. That's very nice of you.

I am an asian. It may be hard to adopt a boy from asia countries. You may want to look into that.

4. I was just going to say that. From much of Asia, girls are much easier to adopt than boys. I forget the ratio, but it's EXTREMELY lopsided as boys are considered more vital to a family than a girl (unfortunately).

5. Do a Google search for "Journeys of the Heart" and "Hope International". I'm not married yet, so I haven't adopted, but I've done TONS of research, as I plan to adopt internationally myself. PM me if you want and I can send you some links.

6. It's wonderful that you want to adopt internationally. I don't know if it's really that hard to get an Asian male. My mom's cousin adopted two boys from China, and DH's cousin adopted a boy and a girl from China.

7. We adopted our DD from China several years ago. There were boys available for adoption as well (I got to play with one of them and take some pix for his mom who was coming to get him the following month :smile:).

You'd have a better chance of adopting a boy from Korea though. They have a very well established program

8. Thanks for your support everyone. I will definitely look into the souces given. :flowers:

9. There are also opportunities to adopt Asian children born to U.S. citizens. We adopted through AdoptHelp and you can designate what races you are open to (we didn't specify race or gender, as that wasn't important to us... we knew God would choose the perfect baby for us!) but I know for a fact that they have had Asian birthmothers that they've worked with before. They have a web site, if you want to check it out. :smile:

10. Baghound, Thanks for the information. Finding a child in the U.S. would be the best source.