Adding a halo to my solitaire!

Well, no word from Leon- wondering if I should send him another email? It's been a week.

And my jeweller (local) is supposed to have something for me this afternoon. I called yesterday, but the quote was made for 18k white gold NOT platinum.

This waiting is taking a toll on my patience.

So far I think good. I am going to try to avoid any further inspections after my post-work in the car one. I think though that it should be good. Like before I wish it were higher but they don't agree.

The Adriana is gorgeous.

It's a personal preference for me, but in case you need another perspective...the diamonds in the halo look a TEENSY bit big, as in bigger than the shank when worn. I would check with Leon how big these are and if he usually uses bigger halo than shank diamonds.

Sometimes when the halo diamonds are too big, they look "flower-ish" and not a smooth + fluid perfectly round halo. I always thought that the halo part is suppose to be a teeny bit smaller than shank because since it's set higher up, it'll automatically look bigger to the eye.

There was a post made today on PS about a jeweler named I think Steven Kirsch? He used to work for Leon, and now he's on his own. A good option perhaps.

Ladies.....an update!

I've heard back from Leon's team & while they are wonderful, I have decided to have the halo made/set by my local jeweller. They will use the platinum from my current setting & that will keep the cost down.

They are making a setting for me based on the photos I sent them. What I want are double claw prongs and pave set 3/4 down the shank. The band will be very much like the Adrianna by Leon, only NO pave on the prongs.

My ring will also be 2mm as micropave is very fragile and I want to be able to wear this ring everyday.

So.....the deal is, I get to "see" the setting once it's made (I'm guessing a week?) and if I approve of it and love it, it's a GO!

IF for whatever reason, I'm not thrilled, I can have them tweak it re-make me something I love OR.......go to Leon!

I'm confident my jeweller will have the bench worker make me something fabulous. I SO want a Leon ring, but I think remaining local gives me more control and if something goes wrong in the future, I don't have far to travel.

Hope I've made the right decision. I'm VERY excited!