ACK! Please help! Emerging monster zits + interview

1. Hi ladies,

In 5 days I have a job interview in Chicago.

Unfortunately, I just finished finals. I have two HUGE stress zits emerging on my forehead. You know the kind that really hurt? Thus far they're still under the skin, they haven't fully popped up in all their glory.

How can I minimize the damage? I've been overloading on coffee and Diet Coke durin finals, I'm sure it messed with my skin.

Eeep! Any advice would be appreciated! Products, etc. :amazed:

2. i've heard really good things about the ZENO device...http://www.myzeno.com/ but it's expensive.

i usually make a paste of asprine and AHA toner and spot treat. sometimes i also mix neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask with queen helene mint julep mask and spot treat overnight with that after the asprin thing.

kheils blue spot treatment is also really good, but don't over use it. 1-2 times a day is enough, even if the tube says 3-4x a day is ok. i gave myself a chemical burn that way and it was worse than the blemish would have been.

good luck!

3. Thanks ilzabet!

4. I have a Zeno and for me, it works great on the type of zits you describe. The catch is, you have to zap the zit at the very first sign. If you wait too long, it doesn't seem to help. If you catch it when you first feel the bump under the skin, the zit kind of dies before ever emerging. The instructions recommend 2-3 treatments, but for really deep pimples it sometimes takes more. I really love this thing--you may want to check it out for future breakouts.

You can get it at Amazon.com or at myzeno.com. I'm pretty sure there's a 30-day money back guarantee so no risk!

5. Take an ice cube, wrap it in a paper towel and apply it to the area. Not too long, 10-15 minutes several times throughout the day. This decreases the inflammation and with any luck , they'll go away. HTH

christine

6. I have two great tricks both from a past Miss Texas instead of any kind of toner use Visine apply it at least 3 times a day also at night you can use an aspirin crush it use a little water to make a paste and put it on the zit it should dry it out.

7. Oh no! You should put a pea-sized glob of toothpaste on it before you go to bed every night, or put Visine (to reduce redness) on it, or your doctor can give you a shot of something (I can't quite remember what it is) to get rid of the zit. Good luck!

8. ^^^The doc can give you a cortisone injection!

9. corisone really hurts so I don't recommend it unless you're desperate. Never heard of Zeno but I use Mario Bedescu drying lotion which calms swelling immediately.

10. ^^^ Yes only go with the shot of cortisone in a dire situation. The Mario Badescu does noting for me though :sad:! Good luck!!

11. Plus, cortizone shots are *expensive*! They're like $300 a shot. I'll save it for my wedding day or something!

Thanks for the advice, ladies!!