accountants in the forum?

1. I seem to notice that there are a couple of accountants in the forum. I'm an accounting student and would like to know if you recommend public or private accounting? I'd love to hear your experience and which route you took. And also, pay-wise, which one pays higher? thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

2. I'm an accounting graduate student and would like to know some of the same information...also, what is the best way to get your foot in the door? My college doesn't have a career fair and many firms only take apps from there...

3. anyone?

4. im a cpa, and work at one of the big 4 accounting firms. i have a bachelors and masters in accounting, and all the big 4 recruited heavily at my school. i would definitely recommend going to the company websites, and looking at job postings, or geting in touch with the hr department at your local office.

i have worked in public accounting my whole career (which has only been about 2 years) and so cannot really comment on industry. however, I love what i do, and have a lot of fun in public accounting. u get to meet so many people, deal with different complex issues, and have the flexibility and mobility to guide your career however u choose. PM me if you guys want any more info or have any specific questions :smile:

hope this helped!

5. I know this is somewhat off topic, but I love our CPA. He keeps me sane.

6. I work with accountants, and am considering a career in accounting...apparently it's a hot field to get in to right now!

7. I am a CPA in NYC. I have both a BS and MBA in Accounting. I would recommend starting in public accounting (get certified).
    The young auditors at my firm typically do "2 and out". (2 years of public and go to private).