According to you: How does the well rounded CL collection look like please share!

1. I have not been into CL's for long but I am in a shopping frenzy and find myself wanting more every day:drool:, this is the only brand with Balenciaga (bags) that I have ever felt that way about.

So what do you guys think a well rounded collection of 12 pairs would look like?
    This doesn't have to reflect your actual collection.
    I know some of you have way more but it sounds like a good number to me, so as we are all diffrent , have diffrent lifestyles please add smth about it, I think it can be very helpful.

enviroment: countryside/small town south of france

job: SAHM mom of three (11, 13 and 2)

ideal collection:

- black VP's, red tip (got them)
    - nude pat. VP's any tip (on waitlist)
    - black 100 simples kid (not yet)
    - nude pat. simples (on waitlist)
    - nude pat. yoyo's curved heel, to be able to walk a lot (got them)
    - nude pat. yoyo's straight heel , just because of the beauty (soon here :yahoo:)
    - smth exotic, snake etc.. (have the Ayers snake NP's on the way :yahoo:)
    - maybe black yoyo's ? (not shure)
    - smth special gray VP's with silver??? ( at point of finalising a special order)
    - smth red ??? (not shure)
    - a bootie/boots (have the ariella talon)
    - ???

I have a couple more but not shure if they are really keepers.

???????????
    -

2. Definitely some Rolandos.

3. That looks like a good list you've got started. This inspires me to start one myself! :smile:

Yes, I definitely agree w/ adding Rolandos.

4. Perhaps a pair of slingbacks.

5. :yes: I agree with gemruby. A pair of closed-toe slingbacks, like the Horatios, would be cool. Or you can go for a peep toe and add a pair of No. Prive to your collection in kid or patent.

6. Rolando + closed-toe slingbacks = Rolande!

7. Thanks guys for the suggestions...but please feel free to share your own top 12 as well would love to hear/read about them.

Now closed toe slingbacks sound intresting for open toeI have the NP's in Ayers on the way and I do have a pair of NP's in beige fabric but I think I won't keep them.

Maybe the oh my sling hmmm they are nice in that "taupe" gray ...but not convinced

8. Bringing this up again, to help me stay focused and not get carried away ...:drool::angel:
    Would love to hear about your ideal collection as well!

enviroment: countryside/small town south of france

job: SAHM mom of three (11, 13 and 2)

ideal collection:

- black VP's, red tip (got them)
    - nude pat. VP's any tip (on waitlist) still waiting
    - black 100 simples kid (not yet) on the way
    - nude pat. simples (on waitlist) still waiting but am not so shure anymore ???
    - nude pat. yoyo's curved heel, to be able to walk a lot (got them)
    - nude pat. yoyo's straight heel , just because of the beauty (soon here :yahoo:) got and love them
    - smth exotic, snake etc.. (have the Ayers snake NP's on the way :yahoo:) have and them!
    - "Whips snake" brown/cream VP's

- smth special gray VP's with silver??? ( at point of finalising a special order) will wait the colors proposed were not really what I wanted
    - smth red ??? (not shure) got the rolande in wine :tup: thanks to your advice!!!
    - a bootie/boots (have the ariella talon) great buy wear them all the time

Two more and I am done ??? I start to doubt it.
    - ???
    - ???

I have a couple more (Activa, N°P's, VP's etc...) but for various reasons am not shure if they are really keepers.

9. I just brought this up regarding my own collection. I think around 12 is a good number too. I think your collection is dreamy. I personally need more than just heels, so I got flats and wedges for everyday wear. It feels like my collection is forever changing. But right now, this is what it looks like:

Black Patent/Cork Bruges x 2
    Black Ribbon Espadrilles
    Red Patent Simples 100s
    Black Kid Simples 85s (not here yet)
    Leopard Peanut Wedges
    Gold Ballet Flats
    Black Kid/Red Tip Very Prives (not here yet)
    Nude Patent Simples 70 (preorder)
    Nude Patent Numero Prives (preorder)
    Nude Patent Very Prives (waitlisted)
    Luggage City Girls (preorder)
    Python Simples 100s (desperately seeking)
    Gold Glittler Numero Prives (desperately seeking)

I returned my Black Declics because they were too high for me even just wearing them around the house. :sad: But I replaced them with the Black Kid/red tip VPs and canceled my Black Suede VPs preorder, so I actually saved money. lol After I get my preorders and my 'desperately seeking' items, I'm taking a break!!!

10. I think a well-rounded collection *should* have all of the classics, as in Pigalles, Decolletes, Yoyos, etc, but I just cannot bear them on my feet :crybaby: Given that I won't go custom/SO anytime soon, I'll stick to more of the basics. So my collection isn't for everyone. But twelve, wow that's hard.

"Work" shoes - due to the nature of my work environment, I unfortunately cannot wear some of the more fun styles (Rolandos etc.) that some of these lucky ladies can wear. But I'd like to get more COLOR into my shoe collection.
    1) Black patent Simple Corta
    2) Brown kid Simple 100
    3) Grey Decoltissimo 85
    4) Black kid Simple 85 or 100 (wishlist)
    5) Camel kid Simple 85 or 100 (wishlist)
    6) Fun-colored kid Simple 85 or 100, OR maybe an exotic?? (wishlist)
    7) Ariella Talon boots (wishlist) - Would love the Bourge Zeppa but I have extremely muscular calves and have just not been willing to make the investment of money/time for stretching the shafts, yet

"Play" shoes:
    8) Black kid VP with red tip
    9) Nude crepe/lace VP
    10) Margarita in aqua - I think a satin shoe is de rigueur for any woman's wardrobe, why not make it a fun color?
    11) Nude patent VP or NP (preordered)
    12) Black patent VP with red tip (preordered)
    13) Nude patent VP (preordered)
    14) Very Noeud in green or blue satin (both on preorder)
    15) Strappy and sparkly sandal (wishlist)
    16) Mouche (wishlist)

Casual (expensive!) but casual
    17) City Girl in cuoio
    18) Peanut wedges or some kind of wedge
    *gasp* I don't like Loub's flats

11. I find it extremely hard to recommend to others what a good collection is because lifestyles are so different but I would love to list out my ideal collection. The lines between casual/dressy are blurred for me when it comes to shoes so I have one big list:

1. Pigalle 120mm (in every color preferably: Lovas, Red Satin, Magenta, Silver leather, Black Patent, Cream Lace, Leopard)
    2. Nude Yasmin 130mm
    3. Black Patent Dominettas
    4. Black Eel, Red Eel, Camel Jazz Decolletes
    5. Black, Navy, Purple, Red Mouches
    6. Red Satin and Gingham Pinups
    7. Black Patent Iowa Zeppas
    8. Alta Ariella boots
    9. Nude, Burgundy tip VPs
    10. Nude, Black Cabarets
    11. Black Patent, Red, Green Helmuts
    12. Nude Yoyos 110 mm
    13. Roccia Python Burgundy tip VPs and NPs!
    14. Podium gold sandals
    15. Pompadouce in ANY color
    16. Coquines in purple YUM
    17. White, baby blue Clichys
    18. Leopard Pony NPs\VPs
    19. Pewter Bling Blings ...
    20. Fuschia Suede Lady Gres
    21. Black Satin and Yellow Joli Noeud Sling
    22. Red Patent Joli Noeud D'orsay

damn it my list is too long and I am not even done yet this is ridiculous. :nuts: I am never going to get there :crybaby:

23. Josephines
    24. Red Capri Sandals
    25. ........

I think I failed the test.

12. OMG this collection is TDF! Nude "Yasmin" 130mm :love:....seriously?....where can we can find that shoe?....do you have a photo of this shoe by any chance? That's a new HG for me.

Also, I'm lusting after these 3 "oldies" but "goodies" (seriously I feel many of CL's older styles -- released pre-2005 or before he catapulted to mass consciousness -- are his best works and better than the current styles):

14. Podium gold sandals
    15. Pompadouce in ANY color
    16. Coquines in purple

13. lol I probably don't know all the names correctly yet but I would LOVE:

1/ Blue suede rolando
    2/ Kid leather with red tip Very Prive
    3/ Patent red tip Very Prive
    4/ Patent rolande (GOT)
    5/ Fuscia suede rolando

That's my top five so far!

xxx

14. I don't even dare to start on a list of my own; my head is spinning, reading names of all these lovelies... :sweatdrop: I know, I'll just cut and paste all of these onto one! I'll end up like Carrie in SATC--a downpayment worth of shoes... ;)

15. I totally agree, Foxy. His shoes these days are all about giving off that celeb bling/FMP kind of vibe, with just slight modifications each season it seems. His older styles were truly innovative.