Accepting Money Orders in Europe (Germany)

1. Does anybody have any experience with that? :confused1:

Currently I'm only accepting Paypal and Bank Wire Transfer when I'm selling, but I noticed that at least in the US Money Orders seem to be a pretty popular payment method.

Can anybody delight me with their stories?

TIA! :flowers:
  2. Not to bust in on your thread Kittie lol but I'd love to hear stories too! I'm dealing with a seller for something else and she said she'd take an International Money Order and she's in England. I'm having a heck of a time trying to find one to there, my banks don't offer them and the Post Office doesn't have them either. Even the stores like Mail Boxes etc. only offer wire transfers. I'm at a loss as to how I should send it. So I'd appreciate anyone's help also!!
  3. Lol, welcome to my thread, Rebecca :nuts:

I tried looking up Western Union once as a buyer, but their prices were ridiculous (at least here in Germany). They wanted a fee of at least 25
  4. ok, here is my experience:
    as far as I know the international money order is actually a bank draft, sort of like a cheque. I am pretty sure that the international money order doesn't really exist in Germany, like it does in UK for example where you can get it from the Post office but only for within UK. these are issued only for specific other countries - you can check that out on

Rebecca, I think this is what your UK ebayer is talking about, and I don't think you can get that in US - i mean one that is ok for UK. I reckon you should ask for a banker's draft but there will be fees, and I am not sure how high these are.

as for western union - i used them once from UK, and honestly ridiculous...

there is also but obviously nothing to do with a money order.
  5. Ack, I know, Kittie! And I tried to see how much it would be to do the wire transfer through this one place and it was $20, but because I was a AAA member, I'd get it for $15 lol.

And thanks, lara! I think the seller is new or something and hasn't really dealt with the U.S. I suppose the easiest thing would be to have my currency converted to pounds and send it to her that way with a signature, etc. That was by her own suggestion, too, since she is iffy on wire transfers (no paypal either). Sigh. You'd really think it'd be easier to send money to other countries.