About to celebrate Baby Rocker's Gotcha day!

1. Hi all, I don't often post in this section but I wanted to share my special day with my pals here. Four years ago, DH and I flew to China and picked up my youngest daughter. Today is her GOTCHA day (the day we "got her") when she was only about 10 months old.
    This child is such a delight and I feel so blessed to have her. When my oldest daughter was about 2 and my DH and I were planning our next baby, I was on vacation, picked up a copy of Marie Clare and read an article that touched my heart. It was about the baby girls who were being abandoned in China. I knew immediately that I needed one of those babies and one of those babies needed me. Luckily my DH felt the same way and after lots of paperwork and multiple delays due to both 9/11 and then SARS, we were matched with my little Lily.
    I'll never forget the trip to China, our ride to the orphanage where BR spent her first 9 months, and the first time I held my little girl in my arms. The love I felt was overwhelming and I can honestly say that the bond of motherhood goes far deeper than genetics.
    BR tells people that she first lived in China but she was "born in Mama's heart." So true!
    Thanks all for letting me share my story.:heart:
  2. Awww that is SO awesome! I'm glad you both were brought together finally. I have a friend who just adopted a little boy who is only a month old right now and it's funny how fate brought them together. I think that there is always a little one out there for someone to love it just takes the right mother/father to find them to bring them HOME!
  3. How wonderful!!

Congratulations to you and your family on your beautiful daughter's "Gotcha" day :smile:!!
  4. What a beautiful story!!!!! Have a wonderful Gotcha day!
  5. AWW, Rocker, congratulations!
    What a great day--Gotcha Day!

Wishing the entire adorable Rocker family an amazing day and fabulous life together!!

YAY LILY!!!

Rock on!

6. aww, Stace!!:cry:
    That's so beautiful, what a blessed family!

Happy Gotcha Day ROCKstars!
  7. I am all teared up...that is wonderful!!! Congratulations!
  8. What a blessed family, you sound like a great mom!
  9. That is such a wonderful story. It made my heart swell up. I am so glad that you found Lily and gave her such a loving and beautiful home. Thank you for sharing this.
  10. i think what you have done is so amazing, i remember reading your story in the sisterhood of the traveling scarf thread in the hermes forum (which by the way has the cutest pics ever of her at her ballet class) and it brought a tear to my eye.
    i hope you have a wonderful day together and many happy times in the future.
  11. Thanks so much everyone!
  12. Congrats to you and your family on such a special day!!!!!
  13. Baby Rocker shows up on the pages now and again modeling Mommy's finds!
    aaaapb 038_1.jpg chanel pearls 002_1.jpg
  14. AWE!Stacy,You are sucha special person and an amazing MOM!
    Congrats..she is so lucky to have such a sweetie for a mom too!
  15. Happy Gotcha Day, Lily!

You have a beautiful family, and those girls are so lucky to have you!