About to buy my first Spy - help needed!

1. Spy girls, I'd really like some advice.
    I think I've fallen in love with the Fendi Spy...

I am selling some of my other bags, and at the end of this month I'll be ready to buy my first Spy.:yahoo: :wlae: :yahoo:

This will be the most I've ever spent on a bag in one hit - so before I do, thought I'd go to you experts for some help

So, here are my questions

Does the leather get softer with use?
    Do the handles stretch out (in a good way!) in time?
    Do you need to treat the bag to prevent rain damage?
    Is the Spy a day to evening bag?
    Is it a classic bag (I think this must be the second/third year?)
    And finally, I carry a briefcase around with me most days - am I going to look too 'bagged up', if I'm using the Spy at the same time (I'm 5'4")....

Any help will be great - thanks,ladies!:heart:

2. hiyas, i dont have a spy yet ( i just about almost have my hologram) and i have to say that i think its amazing.. its soo lovely

all i can say is if you carry the breifcase in one hand and have the spy on the other you will be fine.. it will look great. what kind u thinking of getting

3. Thanks, Baby Boo!
    I'm thinking about a black Spy:heart: ...can't wait!

4. Hi. I just got my first spy and it is the most expensive bag i own yet. I would recommend a classic color like the choco or the black. I got the choco and i am totally in love with it.I can say that the handles get a little bit more comfortable and softer. It is definitely a day to night bag(if you are used to carrying large bags at dinner etc) and it fits with all outfits!!! For me yes it is a classic and i think that in some years it will be a great vintage piece. It is the best bag i ever bought:yahoo: !!!!! Also the choco color is very versatile and fits with black perfectly!

Pictures mobile 004.jpg

5. Does the leather get softer with use? Leather is already pretty soft on all three of my spies. I didn't notice the leather getting any softer.
    Do the handles stretch out (in a good way!) in time? A little. They become a bit less stiff.
    Do you need to treat the bag to prevent rain damage? I didn't. They are just fine without any treatment.
    Is the Spy a day to evening bag? I would have to say DAY.
    Is it a classic bag (I think this must be the second/third year?) It's going to stay classic until YOU stop thinking of it as classic (same goes for every bag). JMHO.
    And finally, I carry a briefcase around with me most days - am I going to look too 'bagged up', if I'm using the Spy at the same time (I'm 5'4").... I don't think so.

Good luck with your decision and don't forget to post pics when you get it!!!:flowers:

6. I agree with everything LVAddict said. I think it's a classic too and the leather is so wonderfully soft. I can't really imagine it getting any softer. It is yummy, textured and divine.

Definitely post pics! I love to see pictures of everyone's spys.

7. it is definitely a great bag.I have had a lot of compliments on my fendi cognac spy. and the fact that it is huge you can put your life in it.:yes: I don't think you would looked to bagged up with a briefcase. Goodluck on your purchase!

8. I have a balck spy and love it alot..Im about to get a Zucca one too..they are great bags!

9. Dang, y'all are seriously corrupting me into getting a Spy :sweatdrop: . Great Q & A!

10. I think even a bag needs to be cared for but I would say this is a bag that can last for seasons and it is versatile enough for night use as well. Leather does stretch after some time of using so it may soften up but otherwise it is already quite soft to begin with. ^^

I carry a dustbag around to cover it from rain cos no matter what, rain water can be quite dirty and if you do not leave the bag to dry then it may turn mouldy.

11. Thanks, everyone!
    I'll post photos at the end of the month - can't wait!:yahoo:

12. Does the leather get softer with use?

i have a petrol spy and yes it softens as u use it ...

Do the handles stretch out (in a good way!) in time?

they were a bit harder when i 1st got my spy.. now they r much more comfortable ..

Do you need to treat the bag to prevent rain damage?

i live in the middle east, in a very hot weather, we raaaaaaarely experience rain ... however sun + humidty have ruined some brand items :sad:

Is the Spy a day to evening bag?

Day .. but i'd seen it on a few celebrities on evening events :shrugs: + it depends which spy u got? IMO

Is it a classic bag (I think this must be the second/third year?)

for me its more iconic:heart: wish they produce more of these beauties

And finally, I carry a briefcase around with me most days - am I going to look too 'bagged up', if I'm using the Spy at the same time (I'm 5'4")....

i dont think u would look bagged up at all :idea: