A Walk in the Park Scarf

1. Hey everyone,

I don't have a picture of the scarf I just got today because I bought it at the airport and my parents left with it since I didn't want more luggage than I already had. It was "a walk in the park" scarf in dark blue from the Hermes store at the airport. But when I checked the Hermes website (US), I didn't see the scarf in that color...only in light blue.

Can someone confirm if that pattern was made in dark blue? I don't think the Hermes store would sell fakes, but it was a combination Hermes, Ferragamo, and some other brand that I no longer remember. My mom actually put this vile thought into my head, asking me over and over if it was the real deal. I just need some reassurance since (and I've noticed this at other Hermes stores) the tags on the scarves don't say Hermes. It only appears on the scarf.

Any help would be great! I love the pattern, had wanted the black one, but they only had dark blue. Thanks!

2. I cannot confirm that the scarf is real however I can tell you that not all things in their store are on their website. I was at Hermes about two weeks ago and they had a much larger selection of scarves and twillies that were not listed on their site.

3. Yes, I've had that experience with their twillys, but I just found it weird that the pattern was on the site, but not the color. I'm pretty sure the airport won't lie, especially since he wrapped it in the box and gave me a bag. But I would love it if someone could put that miniscule part of me at ease!

4. If the color is not there, it just means the online inventory is out of stock for the moment.
    If you bought it at an authorized Hermes counter or DFS at the airport, it's real. :smile:

5. How do you know if it's authorized? Just by the look of it? Because the decor and feel of the store is exactly like all the other Hermes stores I've been to. Thanks for the help!

6. Hi Shu, I agree with Greentea that if you bought it at an authorized Hermes counter or DFS at the airport, it's definitely the real deal :smile: Don't worry & have fun with your scarf!

7. I mean if it's some random kiosk in the middle of somewhere, I would not trust it. But an airport H DFS store is totally fine. :smile:

8. Thanks everyone! I'm just not going to worry about it. It wasn't duty-free though, which was why my parents could take it home. But for some reason, it was cheap (comparatively). Only $293 including tax. Thus the kind of weird feeling. But I think since it had all the trimmings, i.e. box, string, bag, that there shouldn't be an authenticity problem.

I'll be sure to post a pic when I get back to New York this weekend! :biggrin: