A/W 06-07 Murakami Rumors!

Strawberries would be cute if they were say, pink. Otherwise, it'd be weird to have another collection of red fruit with green stems. You'd think they'd want another colored fruit. Like blueberries or bananas or something. Eh. Knowing me though, I'm a sucker for the cutesy stuff so I'd probably have to have a couple things from the line if it came out. I'm doubting that it will, but it'd be interesting to see.

PurseFanatic said:
I hope they wouldn't have faces on them, it would look kinda weird ya know?

well as if smiling Cherries weren't weird? and smiling Cherry Blossoms? Or no.. that's not weird.. the Panda was weird.. it's all multicolored.. it's not your typical panda.

don't you guys think it's not true? it really seems like someone heard about the strawberry fakes or saw one and got mixed up?
- They say Murakami won't collaborate again with LV
- Cherries and panda are highly symbolic in Japan and China, but strawberries?
- They already had a red fruit line...

I don't know. Maybe if you have a nice SA someone could ask them?
I love hearing new rumors though.
What about the cartoonish "feel" of the ads, is that linked to a new cartoonish line too?

boudoir said:
don't you guys think it's not true? it really seems like someone heard about the strawberry fakes or saw one and got mixed up?
- They say Murakami won't collaborate again with LV
- Cherries and panda are highly symbolic in Japan and China, but strawberries?
- They already had a red fruit line...

I don't know. Maybe if you have a nice SA someone could ask them?
I love hearing new rumors though.
What about the cartoonish "feel" of the ads, is that linked to a new cartoonish line too?

no one knows it's true for sure.. which is why they're called rumors.

As cute as strawberries might be I can't see it happening for this year, not with all of the fringe and mirror stuff coming out.. not to mention the flood of stuff that is already in stores (denim, charms, framboise, etc). :blink:

eyelove said:
If this is true (regarding the strawberries), can anyone theorize as to why there is this fruit fixation? Cherry blossoms, cherries, strawberries.
Why not asparagus? Or how about corn? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG I had a really good laugh imagining a corn speedy or asparagus pochette!

I love strawberries... but I do agree that if they come out with another fruit line it will be kinda cliche.

Superbaby said:
Corn on LV... hmm... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

gucci already took care of that.
i don't think it's true, though.
first of all it would be unoriginal, it would be the same bag, only strawberries instead of cherries. i think marc is more creative than than. or so i hope.
and second of all, from what i heard the cerises line didn't sell too well compared to the graffitti or the cherry blossom.