A VERY dirty "Soho Striped Saga" !

1. Just thought I would share my "very dirty story"! . . . .
    . . . So, I bought this sad little striped soho tote on eBay. It was the dirtiest (. . .and I mean absolutely filthy! . . . even mud splashed!) little bag ever imagineable!!! Don't get me wrong . . . I'm not complaining . . . The write up was truthful and there were plenty of pictures portraying how disgusting this bag was. She had taken the poor thing "ATVing. " (. . .But of course, I got it for a steal! - Next to nothing!) . . .So when it arrived I wasn't sure what to do with it. So . . .I put it in the sink for a bath (Vachetta leather and all!) with cold water and alot of "Zero". The twill became very clean immediately. The vachetta leather was scrubbed with a soft brush and "Mr Clean" erasers. I then stuffed it with those very absorbent hair towel things and babied it along, until it was dry. Then a slight quick coat of Apple leather care, on the leather applied with my fingertips, then wiped off immediately.
    I can hardly believe how great this little "fixer upper" turned out!!! . . .I guess that vachetta leather is not as fragile as I thought!
    . . . Just thought i would share my lesson to go ahead and use those bags with that "fragile leather".

Pic266.JPG
  2. Wow - what a transformation!! Did you really immerse that into water or did you wet it and then quickly rinse it? I love that particular stripe combo and that style is great. Congrats on your hard work!

3. WOW that is so impressive!!

It looks as good as new! Great job!

Looks like I'm gonna have to go get those erasers! Thanks for the tips!:tup:

4. aww, that's so cute! and informative. that reminds me that i have to clean my signature stripe from back in the day. you're a very good Coach mommy:yes:

5. I didn't see a before pic but that bag looks brand new - what an amazing job you did!!!

6. It went right in the sink immersed in cold water & Zero. Left for about 5 minutes. I rinsed it and then soaked it in a second bath. And then REALLY rinsed it well.!!!
    (Not a bad bag for $12.50 ! eh?) :rolleyes:

7. Wow!

8. $12.50???? You did excellent!!!!!!

9. :tup: that bag looks nice an shiny new now you did a good job and got a nice steal there for $12.50

10. Wow!

I find it funny that someone who carried such a girly purse got it dirty ATVing. :roflmfao:

11. Wow, it looks brand new!! Great job!!

12. It does conjur up a funny image in my head too!! :p

13. what a steal! the bag looks fantastic! :tup:

14. I think this experiment is a testament to the great quality of Coach! Only quality materials and workmanship would do that! (Seems to be indestructable!)

15. do u have any before pics?