A tragedy... please look and counsel!

Mar 26, 2007
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9176178

I had to show you all this because I know you're animal lovers. I feel so sorry for this poor kitten. She's in a local shelter here.

I was planning on adopting a beautiful Maine Coon cat but he's already been adopted out. I'm sad about that. But then I saw this little girl.

She's a domestic medium-haired kitty, black and white, and she came to the shelter with a horrible burn all the way down her left side. It was absolutely terrible. Thanks to medicine and lots of care, she's healed now, but will always have the scar. The pictures are about halfway through the healing process.

I'm so terrified that no one will adopt her and she will be euthanized. She's been at the shelter for a very long time.

I just had to share. I don't know what to do. I had a backup kitty planned to adopt in case my maine coon didn't work out and she is a beautiful kitty, but I feel so terrible for this little girl.... :cry: :crybaby: my heart just goes out for her and I don't know what to do. I'm afraid if I don't adopt her, I'll feel horrible for the rest of my life. What do you guys think...?

Attachments

• AR91.9176178-1-x.jpg
    AR91.9176178-1-x.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 56
  • AR91.9176178-2-x.jpg
    AR91.9176178-2-x.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 84
  • AR91.9176178-3-x.jpg
    AR91.9176178-3-x.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 84
OMG adopt her!!! I absolutely can not fathom how people can abuse children or animals???? Why, they are so defenseless and want nothing but your love. I would run right out and adopt her as soon as you could!

You should adopt her if you can. Maybe you could adopt two cats, your back up and this one too?

Oh I just looked at the petfinder link and it's in Arkansas? I live in Little Rock! I would adopt her if I didn't have a cat with Feline AIDS. I'm too scared to bring new cats into my house.

I've spoken with a local no-kill cat foster organization and one of the ladies is going to go get her and foster her ASAP. They can't believe she wasn't euthanized. She just breaks my heart! I may offer to foster her.

I've spoken with the fostering organization and we're going to discuss getting her out of the shelter this afternoon. I just can't bear to let her go, so I'll probably foster her. Does anyone else have 2 cats? Is it hard?

I have three, and while sometimes it takes a while for them to get to know one another and get along, there are usually no major problems. When we adopted our second and third cats, we put their bed and food and litter box in the games room (biggest room in the house with a door) and brought Hannah (our oldest) into the room to introduce them. They'll sniff one another, maybe growl a bit, and in Hannah's case, walk away, bored. :biggrin: You'll know within the first two days if it's not a good relationship between them.

And because one is a kitten, the older cat might be inclined to care for it as if it were his/her own.

She's a total sweetheart, though -- you definitely should foster her and give her a good home.

I've spoken with the fostering organization and we're going to discuss getting her out of the shelter this afternoon. I just can't bear to let her go, so I'll probably foster her. Does anyone else have 2 cats? Is it hard?

i have a cat and a dog and i cant imagine having just one pet anymore...sometimes i feel they dont really need me they are so busy with each other...but my heart doesnt break when i leave them and go to work , i know they wont feel lonely so much :yes: anyway kudos for you Sarah, for being a wonderful person :heart:

Poor kitty! If it were me, I'd adopt her! I've adopted all of my cats from shelters because I get so upset when I'm told they're going to be euthanized. I have 8 cats right now & it's not hard. The older cats like to be left alone but the younger ones (3 of them), are always together & playing. It shouldn't be a problem.

Razorbackbelle: I have three cats - number 2 and 3 totally unplanned. The third cat is the one in my avatar. He has only three legs, one of his back legs was lost probably in an accident, and nobody wanted him at the shelter. He is the sweetest cat in the world. Every minute of my life he makes me feel how grateful he is to have been taken home by me. I've never had a problem with three cats. Of course they eat and consume more litter sand than one cat, but apart from that, the problems are the same you can have with only one cat. GO GET HER!!!

I have a 1200 sq ft place.... 2 BR, 2 BA, living, dining and kitchen, so 5 rooms plus 2 bathrooms. Is that big enough for two cats? I mean, I know they will be able to keep each other company after I'm gone, which is a good thing, but I just don't want to get into it and not be able to get out of it, kwim? When I adopt, it's for life, and I want them to be happy and healthy.