A seller confessed to me the bag is replica and WHY he/she selling fakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys thanks for the advices. Here's the update. Shocking. :shocked:

So I got the courage to find out more about his situation I told him I'm willing to help out just be honest with me.
We had exchange of msgs. I will not post much details in a public forum as this is someone's personal private matter.
His bad situation must be real, guys.

I had him to open up he told me his experiences in trying to find job, getting help until exhuasting them, the disease of his daughter.
He said he's in big debt already. The money from the sales of the bags he will use for the sustaining medical treatment of his daughter.

I asked what she needs urgently. He said several expensive medicines...
I wanted to test him, i offered I can buy the medicines to be shipped to his address... blah blah blah

He was embarrased but very thankful for my offer...
He said it would be a great help from some stranger as the medicines in the house are running out already... blah blah blah

Then I adviced him to sell other stuff instead (i told him about the ones you guys suggested here), legal goods that
will not get him into trouble.. how selling counterfeit goods is wrong and unfair to the buyers blah blah blah
i tried to convince him. :yes:

His responses:

I never thought I could resort to this kind of selling, I'm not a bad person,
I did plenty of researches how to make money online I found and tried different ideas but not working out it was hard to make money
until I stumbled about replica selling.
Many who are in tough financial situation, have urgent needs too suggested to me to try this.
At first I was cautious I thought these people are shady criminals but I was surprised they're kind and helpful like normal people but just happens to be
in desperate sitaution. I rather do this than rob a bank or engage in more grave criminal activities, I think if this option doesn't exist some of these
people can do worse crimes.
The life of my daughter is at stake here, I'm doing it for her. This is my only option now.

So i did more researches until I found out more about brand companies and the replica industry.

He quoted the following: :confused1:

"Anyway, if any of you have been sleep on the whole chinese replica thing, wake up. Just go to any trade site/directory and type in a brand name,
or google wholesale -brand name-. It'll take you right to it. The chinese are the ones who produced these products for all of these large companies,
when the contracts are over, they just keep producing and sell them. Most of the products are not really "fake", just out of contract.
Now in a lot of cases since they resort to producing themselves they get cheapier material but that is that."

"The brand companies including the luxury handbag brands have manufacturing factories in China as the material, work labor, production costs are much cheaper in China.
About 95% of the bags are made in China now and then transported to France, Italy, USA, and Spain."

"That's why certain replicas that can be bought in China are 1:1 in quality and craftmanship. Same materials and workmanship.
Much lower offered price as cut costs of advertising, marketing strategies, luxurious store. But the bag itself is same as the ones
offered by the brand companies. Many of these bags are selling in Ebay including the Powersellers sell them at a great discount. When the buyers bring to
LV store, the experts say authentic because it IS actually authentic. Their bags are Made in China too!
The brand companies have big market and they profit HUGE, the replica industry is not really hurting their business, they're still making
LOADS of $$$$, the competition will hurt them only if they're greedy. Replica industry and the sellers offer the market
a better option.

The rumor the factories are engage in criminal activities like terrorism, child labor, drug dealings is a sweeping generalization. Just think about it.
I highly believe it's a malicious propaganda of the brand companies and authorities to make people stay away from buying replica. Also, if they would generalize all
the factories then their own factories in China are involved in same criminal activities? Let's ask them what's their answer for that."

I tried selling legal stuff in Ebay for 5 months (dropshipping electronics, branded fashion items, general merchandise, etc)
but the competition is stiff. I'm profiting little mostly wasting much time and efforts.
The Toprated sellers saturate the market. LV handbag is highly in demand and even you're not a toprated seller you can get
a buyer easily.

I intend to tell my bidders the bag is replica and charge replica price as the quality of the few bags I got from
1 supplier is 90% copy. The other bags from other supplier are 100% copy and I don't think it's unfair to charge higher prices
but lower than retail price. It requires long tedious work to be able to find the TRUE factory suppliers of
100% copy so we can bring them to the buyers at great discount. It's not easy money at all. Took me half a year working incredibly hard on this.

I don't think it's really immoral, I'm not hurting people. I only think it's bad when sellers do it the "wrong way".

Then at night he followed up with this msg:

Hi again. You seem a kind, generous person and I appreciate your offer of help. I was surprised you wanted to help out.
But it's apparent to me you are against this business practice. We all have our own views what is immoral and not really immoral.
It's not my intention to make you question your morality and make you feel bad about yourself if you don't help us.
I understand.

I can get another buyer who is willing to buy replica. There are many buyers in Ebay who buy replica.

God bless.

I think I'll just leave him alone. I'm out of this already.

This person is a nothing short of a thief.

He's going to end up costing costing consumers money when people file claims and chargebacks.

There are many things that one can sell on Ebay in order to make money and build a customer base but this person doesn't want to work for it.

It could be some of these people are lying others are not.
I would think why would people do this risky selling if not out of desperation.

Btw, I just posted an update up above.

*Still in shock*

It doesn't matter if he is lying or not.

The fact is that this is illegal and he's stealing money from others who are buying from him in good faith.

It doesn't matter if he is lying or not.

The fact is that this is illegal and he's stealing money from others who are buying from him in good faith.

I got that moral point already. It is illegal for sure.

But like I said, it's someone's health/life at risk vs. someone's money at risk here.
Get real.
One has to look deep inside his/her morality. And try to put oneself in another's shoes. Be understanding and empathetic. What if you're in the same terrible situation and you feel helpless?
What's more valuable? Life or Money (Authentic purse)?
Which do you feel bad for, more the daughter/dad or the buyer?
Which would you feel more guilty?
That's HOW i base my decision. That's my morality.

I'm not a cynical person. The story must be true as he agreed with my offer I just buy the medicine and ship to them.

Btw, I believe he's telling his bidders when the bag is replica cos he did that to ME.
It's not like he would charge the buyer authentic price.

And, IF his researched findings were true, how is that stealing money from his buyers if he's selling the authentic bags (just non-contract with the company) at big discount giving the buyers big savings? Doesn't make sense. Yes the one affected is the LV company. Maybe it's like they're sharing some wealth to people in need.

If the real reason you want I stop this guy in what his doing is because you are afraid you'll buy his bags then perhaps don't buy in Ebay. I do not have the heart to deprive this man his last resort of earning money to sustain the life of his daughter. Makes me not want to report other sellers too, i feel some guilt. I admit I reported several before. I cannot do it again.

I'm done with this Ebay drama.

He's going to end up costing costing consumers money when people file claims and chargebacks.

There are many things that one can sell on Ebay in order to make money and build a customer base but this person doesn't want to work for it.

Btw, what about people in third world countries with scarce job opportunities?

How do we know how bad really is his situation? What things/works he tried? How much he tried?
Based on what he said he's in big debt and the medical treatment of his daughter is costly. Big money needed, and sooner. How can he realistically earn big money?

Is the seller in the US? If so, point him to the local Children's Hospital or the local Shriner's Hospital. PLENTY of charity for truly sick children in need.

He's a scammer who's making up a story to protect himself and his scammy business. He already said he'll charge "less than retail but more then replica" for those he thinks are "100%". It doesn't matter if they're made in the same factories by the same workers with the same materials 'off-contract'. They're fake. They're not licensed goods. They are worth $0, and are illegal to sell.

It's no different than selling drugs, as someone else mentioned. I find it funny that he wouldn't give you the information on what drugs to send for his daughter, no, he changed his tune and decided that it wasn't right to try to sell to you. If he's really that desperate, he should've been happy to give you the hospital, doctor, and pharmacy name so you could donate directly to his daughter's cause to cover her bills.

Scam. Scam. Scam. And now he has you not only feeling guilty for HIM and choosing not to report him as a criminal, but now you won't report any OTHER criminals because you'll feel sorry for them, too.

There's lots of things he can do to earn money to help his daughter. Robbing people (and make no mistake, that's EXACTLY WHAT HE'S DOING) is NOT a legitimate way to earn money.

Does it matter if he does it at gunpoint or by deception? Not in my book. Robbery is robbery.

I am sorry to say but this story has to many things to question..

I would steer clear of him... think that he is preying on your kindness

He should be calling the pharmecutical companies to ask for the medicines

his daughter needs... If you can't afford your medications just call the

companies... if you qualify the medicines will be provided.. ads like this are

running on tv almost 24/7

Is the seller in the US? If so, point him to the local Children's Hospital or the local Shriner's Hospital. PLENTY of charity for truly sick children in need.

He's a scammer who's making up a story to protect himself and his scammy business. He already said he'll charge "less than retail but more then replica" for those he thinks are "100%". It doesn't matter if they're made in the same factories by the same workers with the same materials 'off-contract'. They're fake. They're not licensed goods. They are worth $0, and are illegal to sell.

It's no different than selling drugs, as someone else mentioned. I find it funny that he wouldn't give you the information on what drugs to send for his daughter, no, he changed his tune and decided that it wasn't right to try to sell to you. If he's really that desperate, he should've been happy to give you the hospital, doctor, and pharmacy name so you could donate directly to his daughter's cause to cover her bills.

Scam. Scam. Scam. And now he has you not only feeling guilty for HIM and choosing not to report him as a criminal, but now you won't report any OTHER criminals because you'll feel sorry for them, too.

There's lots of things he can do to earn money to help his daughter. Robbing people (and make no mistake, that's EXACTLY WHAT HE'S DOING) is NOT a legitimate way to earn money.

Does it matter if he does it at gunpoint or by deception? Not in my book. Robbery is robbery.

Actually no... I didn't include here all our conversation and i have missed out some important details..they were long msgs.. He actually even gave me his home address where to ship the medicines and told me to provide me website where he buys them. Why give me his address??

I suggested to him charity hospitals. His daughter has this disease which I cannot divulge insensitively in a public forum.

He sent the msg later on at night about not putting me in dilemma after I sent him msg "I'm confused this is complex situation...."

LV bags do sell well in Ebay so he can let me go, that's why I also think he can get a buyer.

I've done my best already in this complex situation. I'm done already.

This seller is actually acting as though he's doing a favor by selling these counterfeits:

"It requires long tedious work to be able to find the TRUE factory suppliers of
100% copy so we can bring them to the buyers at great discount
. It's not easy money at all. Took me half a year working incredibly hard on this."

:nono:

You have made the right decision... yes,move on....this is not a situation to

be involved in with "fake" handbags... he doesn't think he is hurting anybody..

that to me says alot about who he is..sorry to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.