A real tragedy - please keep this family in your thoughts

1. Late last night I received some really tragic news from my father. A friend of our family has been killed in a farming accident. He was spreading a tarp over a wagon filled with wheat and a wheel came off the wagon. He was pinned under the wagon and died. He was only 48 with two children in high school. They were really the perfect family - loving, kind, and community-minded. The town where my dad lives is collectively grieving I'm sure.

I wanted to post this so that you could keep this family in your thoughts - they are not only facing the loss of their father, but ultimately the loss of their farm and home now that their father won't be there to work it - but I also want to note that, though we may not think of them this way, farmers are brave people. They work so hard to provide us with our most basic needs and their work involves a lot of dangerous equipment. If you don't live in the grain belt you may not hear much about farm accidents and casualties, but they happen every summer here. It makes you grateful and really humbled to know how much work and risk goes into something as simple as a loaf of bread.

2. This is really very tragic... :sad: MY thoughts and prayers go out to the bereaved family.

3. So sad...my thoughts and prayers go out to that family!

4. So so sad :sad: Thoughts are with the family

5. So sorry to hear about this tragedy.

6. I'll definately keep them in my thoughts and prayers

Wishing them strength and courage

7. Thanks so much for your thoughts, guys. I've been pretty down about his death and I know my family has been grieving. The local paper did a write up on him: http://www.bnd.com/homepage/story/62594.html

Just a good guy, it makes you sad when something like this happens to anyone.

8. How horrible. I will say a prayer for the family.

9. That's so awful...they are in my thoughts.