A quick reminder about security

1. Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this but I just want to remind everybody in the Bal forum to be vigilant about buying/selling through eBay. I posted a little while back in the eBay part of the forum about the fact that I thought I might be getting scammed. Well, I'm pretty sure now that I was and my beautiful bag and quite alot of money is gone. :sad: It turned out that at the exact same time, another PFer was going through the same thing, with the SAME scammers, same names and everything. And with a Bal bag. This is why I wanted to warn you all.

I know we all know the eBay and PayPal rules, but I got a little distracted with my life and didn't pay close enough attention and made some pretty huge mistakes. Red flags I would have caught normally. :push: Please be careful - be sure of verified PayPal accounts and confirmed addresses. Don't make the same costly mistakes I did...

2. so sorry to hear about this :sad:!! thank you for reminding us to be on our toes. sometimes we let our guard down and end up getting burned. but i believe in karma, what goes around will come back around.

3. I'm so sad that this happened to you. It is so easy to forget that there is evil in the world...and so terrible that we have to work so hard to protect ourselves. Thank you for posting for us...your kindness is a reminder of the good that is out there too. :heart:

4. I'm so sorry to hear what you and another Pf'er experienced on Ebay. Thanks for the heads up.

5. Thanks bellenuit, for reminding us of the evil out there! The thieves make me so mad. :cursing: I'm sorry this happened to you. Everyone, be super careful. It is so easy to become a bit lax - we all have done it, so tighten up on the security!

6. Thank you for the kind words, mabli, Conni, blessings, and garments. It is horrible that there are people out there who make a career of cheating us out of the money we worked so hard for...