***A Place for the Fakes***

Status
Not open for further replies.
may3545 said:
me too! I just saw FOUR today. I was at this shopping center of fashion boutiques. One had two city's... and another store two stores down had two clutches.. all terrible fakes too. They all went for $99.

OH and two days ago my roommate took me to a store that sold "real items" 50% off. I went straight for the Chanel that listed as $990 and was half off for $445, and immediately, it felt like pleather. There was that fake tag hanging from it, and inside had the crispiest lining. I was sooo angry!!!

but wat can we do? :sad:

I know. I contstantly dream of a society where there are no fakes of anything and people could roam the internet and purchase freely without the doubt in the back of their minds. I want to buy this purse off ebay (LV) and I find myself always posting an IS THIS REAL, CHECK IT OUT thread. Depressing, time consuming and exhausting (especially for those who cannot just walk into the designer store and purchase one b/c they live in a small city)

metro_glam said:
Okay... I was sitting in Subway shoving my face and I look through the glass and what do I see?

AN OLIVE BALENCIAGA.....A FAKE BALENCIAGA

I wanted to leap through the glass (that was protecting her) and tear her a new a**hole!

I wanted to know if she knew it was fake and wore it anyways... OR if she didnt and was duped ( I live in a small city.. not to many ppl would know if it was designer or not.. oh but I did..)

Grr... it had.. sit down for this.... GOLD hardware! AHHHHH

Okay.. I'm done ranting.
I didn't say anything to her, because she was with her chid, I was eating, and there was glass protecting her.. but I wanted to!

I certainly understand how you feel, but I got over this rage awhile back. I feel there's no need to talk to her and potentially embarrass her. Maybe she didn't have 1k to spend on a handbag and liked the style? Even if you asked her, and she says it's Balenciaga, would you really say something like "Oh it's a fake then." I feel like it's their business whether they like to buy fake bags and don't care that other people know they are carrying fakes.
When I see people carrying fakes, I comfort myself knowing that the true handbag addicts out there will know the difference and that I can carry mine with pride. :smile:

I think bags costing what they are right now there are certainly a lot of people who can't afford it. I mean some people don't even know what a balenciaga is but they just like the style. I don't think everyone who has a fake knows that it's a replica... Well at least for Balenciaga, I mean LV fakes are really obvious.

i live in a place that a lot of people carry fake LV's i can spot a fake far away i would just look at it as long as i know mine is real, the satisfaction that i have the real thing is enough for me :smile: authentic bag or no bag at all :smile:

amberley said:
i think that we have to remember here that not everyone can afford to spend $1,000+ USD on an authentic designer handbag. personally, its the real thing or nothing for me (that goes for any bag, lv, fendi, coach etc) and for that reason, i only have valued few. anyone who is in the know can spot a fake a mile away but most people are attracted to the style of the bag, not the details that make it designer or high end (leather quality, construction etc.). if that's all they can afford and it makes them feel good and happy, so be it.

Very well said!

Today I stopped by Nordstrom Rack. I was surprised that they had Knock off Belenciaga bags.

I COMPLETELY understand using it as inspiration and changing it up A LITTLE. But there was nothing different. Well, obviously there were but their goal was to COPY IT EXACTLY. I was shocked that Nordstroms would carry something like that.

Then I went to Arden B. Surprise, surprise....
this is their version.

Wow, again, they didn't even try to change it a little. Hmmmm, I wonder how they sell. Do you think the people that buy them know that they are knocking it off something greater -- the real Balenciaga?

Wow. Nordstrom had this one? Or is this the one from Arden B.? At least the bales are different! I guess it's okay to do inspired as long as they don't call it Balenciaga, but I am surprised to hear that Nordstrom carried them! I am not familiar with the other store you mention.

I went to Nordstroms a couple of weeks ago and I saw the same 'inspired' Bbags!!! Then I went to Arden B, as well, and they had some horrible wanna-be Fendi Spys & Chloe Paddys. :sick:

My poor friend that I was shopping with, who knows nothing about designer bags, had to listen to me ramble on about how awful they looked compared to the beautiful original designs! :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.