a notice to new people and vlad

Does Juergen Bajorath ring a bell? He's our lecturer, he's taught at University of Washington in this field for many years. Maybe your hubby knows the name.

Heh. Don't worry. My opinion is that everyone in that field acts as if they know something about it. My husband calls it a "P5" discipline..."Pretty Pictures for Pretty imPortant People." And honestly, I agree. The math might be there someday, but right now, it's all about visualization - which actually might be educational to a lot of chemists, and biologists who are working on target development. But I don't think a single drug has come out of it, and probably won't for a long time.

Also, I've never done 3D imagining. My matron-of-honor, however, is one of the most kickass 3D imagers in the country. She's worked on everything from teaching Bradley tanks to see (over 20 years ago) to helping surgeons separate twins conjoined at the scalp (15 years ago) to becoming a Fellow in geophysics at Shell before she was 40 - and with only a bachelors in C.S.

My work has primarily been in natural language processing (speech and text) but there's a whole lot of analysis of large corpora behind that, which is quite akin to infomatics as known in the biotech arena. However, I've just returned to work after five years as a stay-at-home-mom as a real estate agent. Why? Two reasons: more flexibility, and I think I can make more money!

bethany said:
No, I actually think like that too. I know what you're saying, but what I'M saying is we can cut down on 'is bergacci.com legit???' and 'where can i buy chanel and balenciaga online???' and 'do louis vuittons come with hanging paper tags???'
Not so much threads about the attributes of specific bags and such.

The one topic I used to see over and over again is:
The ones regarding bag sizes. Example: Should I get a Speedy 25 or 30? TRUTH IS: Some people like 25 and some people like the 30. ANSWER BEAR REPEATING: Go to your local LV boutique and try both sizes and get the one that is right for you.