A new scarf...

1. After a LONG Hermes famine (I'm saving for a Birkin) I am so pleased to be able to share a little something with everyone here. I am on holiday in Nice in the South of France and there is a lovely store here. On Monday DD and I popped in to say hello and have a look around. I knew I couldn't spend but I was hoping to see the omnibus scarf - the vintage style 70cm square. They had one but not my colour - I asked about the etoupe/lemon colourway, the new SA said she would keep an eye out if one came in. I cast my eye over the other scarves. I LOVE the new a/w one 'In my Pocket' but the colourways are not good on me - on Hermes.com, I have only ever seen white, pink, pale green and blue. I am strictly a neutrals girls - dull beigey muddy colours for me, lol. Well, she pulled out a scarf 'In my Pocket' in etoupe with a black contrast edge and all the little pocket items were mostly browns, perfect for me and also a little colour - there are touches of white and blue in there - very brave for me. I needed to get DH to approve so the SA kindly held it for me until yesterday when he arrived in Nice. So, off we go to the store, the SA brings out my lovely scarf and another package - my little omnibus scarf had come to the store and she held it for me. Both were wonderful. I have a strong feeling that my next bag will be etoupe so I chose these scarves with a view to a future etoupe bag but luckily the browns within the 'In my Pocket' scarf seem to go very well with my noisette Bolide and my gold Picotin (I hope they will look OK with my gold VL Kelly, back home so I can't test). The etoupe omnibus goes fairly well with my noisette Bolide but looks quite good on my gold Picotin as there is a pale gold shade within the pattern. It was very interesting holding and wearing both scarves, the vintage 70cm is very soft and drapey, quite unlike the crisp carre although both feel about the same weight. The 70cm came in a special box too but no ribbon. I've taken a few photos and I propped up my my etoupe Picolo pencil case to show etoupe leather against the scarves. I couldn't choose between the two, DH and DD both preferred the omnibus but I was already in love wit the Pocket one and in the etoupe colour I couldn't leave it behind, so DH very kindly and generously bought them both for me. I modelled them in the shop wit an etoupe Evylne, what a great bag that is, very tempted, don't know the size; it had a canvas strap. Anyway, thanks for sharing. I am in 'holiday mode' so no modelling shots as I have no makeup and beach hair, lol.

Here are the omnibus pics, I will post the 'In your Pocket' scarf in the next post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

boxes.jpg omnibus1.jpg omnibus2.jpg omnibus3.jpg
  2. My 'In your Pocket' pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pocket1.jpg pocket2.jpg pocket3.jpg pocket4.jpg pocket.jpg
  3. wow they're both gorgeous!!!

omg there is a special box for the 70 cm scarf? did everyone get one? mine came in a regular box!

4. Gorgeous!! H, yes, there is a special box.

5. omg how do i get it?? sorry to hijack.

6. Just exchange your box where you purchased the scarf. Our Alaskan store have plenty.

7. allaboutnice, i love both your new scarves!!!:heart:and of course your bags. i have the omnibus in that colourway. i love it. I have never seen the colourway of your "in my pocket". it is gorgeous. Like you, i seem to like muddy colours, and i have etoupe in mind for my first H bag.
    Congratulations on your new scarves:tup:

8. :nuts:Nice DH! Congrats!

9. hlfinn - It's in a regular orange box, but smaller than usual, then that box without a ribbon is placed inside that brown cardboard case you can see in the first picture. You can see the size difference compared to the standard carre orange box.

10. GORGEOUS scarves....:yahoo:
    C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

11. Lovely :nuts::drool:

12. Wooo you have a generous DH! Congrats on your lovely scarves!

13. oooo congratulations allaboutnice. beautiful scarves. love the consistency of your taste and style. i so respect that. the omnibus, so cool. i'm so interested in this size - what's your experience now, how does it wear differently? how do you think will be your preferred style to wear it? what do you think are the pros and drawbacks to this size?

14. oh, AAN! What lovely purchases you have made! Both scarves are delightful and look smashing with your handbags! Congratulations! I love your collection! :heart:

15. What great choices! I love the way they look on the bags too!x Enjoy your holiday!x