A long awaited, much needed LV fix

sweetlove

O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
Sooo, I've been going back and forth a lot lately between getting a BH, an epi Noe or a damier speedy 30. I originally settled on the red epi noe, but at the moment, I can't justify spending that kind of money on a bag as I don't have a job. However, lately, I've been realizing that I needed a hand-held bag, and I had sort of decided on the damier speedy 30 as it's practical and I don't have to worry about the vachetta etc. However, I realized that it might be a bit too small as I'm gonna use it as a school bag, so I decided to get a mono speedy 35 instead.

....Soooooooo

I ventured off to LV Oslo (my first time, and I was plesantly surprised, and btw, I spotted a vernis (pomme, I think) pegasé there if anybody's interested) and decided on a bag. However, after trying it with my school books in it (yes, I'm a nerd, I know), I decided to try on the 40 instead although I was sort of in doubt about that as I've always thought it seemed more luggage'ish than I prefer. However, it fitted my books sooo well, and I tried it on and it didn't look too huge on me(mind you, I'm a "big" girl, so maybe that's why:P) so I decided to get it.

Without further adieu, here she is :biggrin:

s8000656tc7.jpg

(lol, you can actually see my keepall in the background)

s8000657hc9.jpg

oh btw, for practical reasons I want it to gain patina asap. I've thought about putting it in the bathroom while I shower (because of the steam), any thoughts on that?

^ thanks. I didn't actually think about the mildew thing, so yeah, maybe it's not a great idea to "steam" it.

I'm so thrilled about this bag! the smell is just wonderful :love:

Congrats on your beautiful new bag! Please DON'T steam it, though. Moisture is very bad for vachetta not to mention what else it might do to the rest of the material. I agree with the post above about tanning it in front of a sunny window. That will definitely do the trick. Also, have you considered treating the leather with some sort of protectant?

Thanks girls :smile: ^ I think I'll definitely go the safe route (tanning) over the steaming, but I'm too afraid to use any products on it, and as I'm aware of, none of the good products are available around here anyways. I think I'll just use it as much as possible over the next few weeks and hope it gains a lot of patina then. Upon further inspection, I've noticed that it has actually started to slightly tan anyways (the datecode says that it's made in october 06, so that explains it), but I just really want it to have a good patina before the rain/snow season comes :P

Raphaël;3685067 said:
OMG I :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: the Speedy 40, it's an extraordinary bag, you won't be disappointed !!!

Enjoy this fabulous bag !!!

Aaaw, thanks :smile: I can't wait to start using it and I'm actually considering taking it for a walk later just to get the feel of it. :love:

edit: I'll definitely come up with some modelling shots later, I just need to freshen up etc, so if I don't have time to do it tonight, I'll do it before or after school tomorrow :yes: