a Kelly or a bolide?

I agree with GT, that 37 Bolide is too big. I was considering one of those but I did not like it when I saw it IRL. I think the 31 is great though. I posted a thread a few weeks back about deciding between a 37 Bolide and a 32 Plume and Shopmom and Lovehermes were kind enough to post pictures of their 31cm Bolides and what they could hold. They both have rigide Bolides and they look good dressed up or down. You can see them here.
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/need-your-opinions-please-41727.html

Now, all that being said I am a Kelly girl at heart so I am going to vote you get a Kelly. To me it is the ultimate handbag.

Ok, after reading all the response, I'm starting to lean toward the Kelly side as well ... Kelly is harder to come by, you can always get a Bolide. Personally, I say you should just get both:yahoo:

dianagrace, do you find your Togo Kelly 32 to be heavy when stuffed (but not overly so) with everything you need?
I love it - so classic!

Not really, it feels fine to me. I only carry my Bearn Wallet, GM Agenda, Ulysee notebook, pen, small cosmetic case, sunglasses and coin purse so there isn't really that much stuff. I don't carry it if it might rain so no umbrella but I think it wouldn't add too much weight. Now, when my mom carried it she said she thought it was a little heavy and was glad she had the strap. She carries a little more than me though.

heheh Kou.. i just made an offer on the Kelly.... since you mentioned getting both, i was just thinking about that.. you know, give myself my next yr's bdyay gift now.. who cares if it would be 13 months early.. lol lol lol... so at least, I can get the two bags now.. hehe....

heheh Kou.. i just made an offer on the Kelly.... since you mentioned getting both, i was just thinking about that.. you know, give myself my next yr's bdyay gift now.. who cares if it would be 13 months early.. lol lol lol... so at least, I can get the two bags now.. hehe....

You should get some cute accessories for your bags while you're at it!! :P

you will have to attend kou, so you know how they are made.. hehe... that would be so nice.. i hope Hermes finally put up a store here in WA...

They really should. Where in WA do you live? Are you close to Seattle area? I love Seattle, and they really do have the best coffee! I plan on attending the scarf event, I know that it's all done by hand. I think it'll be quite an informative session.:yes:

blux - here's my two cents. i have a black Kelly and a 37 mou Bolide in a shade of red, and love them both to pieces. i moved from L.A. to a smaller, more casual town in Canada (think Eva Gabor's character in Green Acres - I SO wish I were kidding), so i find that i use my Bolide more often. i'm 5'8" and don't find it too big visually, but it truthfully can get heavy when loaded up.

i work at home, but if i were still in an office environment, i'd probably bring the Bolide, especially if petty politics (that the more obvious Kelly could spark or flame) were an issue. what do you carry on a day-to-day basis? i always have a large writing journal and a book in addition to everything else, so the spaciousness is appreciated. i find that on days i'm out with the Kelly, i think twice about loading her up with scuff-causing items. i prefer to bring her out for evening adventures or specific daytime errands and events for which i will not need my usual supplies. i do find that the red (Vermilion) is surprisingly versatile and endlessly refreshing in all seasons. i wear it with my staple black, browns and olive greens, which is basically most of my wardrobe. that said, the Kelly is timelessly classic and gorgeous and will always serve you well. i always feel polished and elegant when carrying it, regardless of what i am wearing; but i find that i choose to look my best on Kelly days, too.

i do love the crispness and elegance of the smaller, rigide-style Bolides and would love to own one someday; but given the reams of paper i tend to carry around, it would probably only come out at night!

not sure if that helped! hope it did.

oki ladies, my offer for the Kelly had just been accepted (now I just have to pay for it).. as for the Bolide... well, another beauty just came up.... I am hoping I can get it too.. but now, its a diff color...... I will update all as to what happens... I love all the feedback and comments that you all shared with me regarding the bolide and the Kelly... thank you so much...

oki ladies, my offer for the Kelly had just been accepted (now I just have to pay for it).. as for the Bolide... well, another beauty just came up.... I am hoping I can get it too.. but now, its a diff color...... I will update all as to what happens... I love all the feedback and comments that you all shared with me regarding the bolide and the Kelly... thank you so much...

Yay! Congrats!! Please post pictures when you get your beauty!!

Congratulations on the Kelly!!! How exciting for you.
Personally, and obviously, this is just particular to my weird taste, I prefer Bolides. I have 2 rigides in the size 31cm and am hunting for the right mou having sold a white mou 31cm. a while back.
I have NO Kellys in my collection simply feel that they are not the right style for me at all. Of course, I have seen many tempting Kelly over the years, but prefer when push comes to shove , other styles suit me more. I greatly admire the beauty of the Kelly on others, the construction is superb! The best Kelly style I ever saw (besides exotics) is my friends 35cm souple Rouge VIF, WOW!!
I love the Bolide because the lack of hardware gives it a quiet elegance and a classically subtle look, without any flash at all. With the rigide (and probably with the mou, I don't know??) you can carry it open by the shoulder strap and it stays tightly shut, yet so easily accessible --- I have some problems with the Kelly's opening.
However, these are both such classic bags and each beautiful in their own way. You simply cannot go wrong!!
Congratulations once again, =)!