A just because dinner - How to prepare?

1. My boyfriend has been working a lot lately and he hasn't had a good homemade meal in a long time. He's been just eating fast food etc while he's on his work projects and I haven't been around as much to cook a great meal for him. So because this is our first weekday that we'll be spending together, I wanted to surprise him with a nice meal (nothing too fancy).

Baked Potato (because he LOVESSSSS IT)
    Corn on the cob (because I LOVE IT:sweatdrop:)
    And lobster or crab.

His dad is a commercial fisherman so being with im for two years has taught me a thing or two about delicious seafood. Now, the question is... is that enough? And what else could I add to it to make it more ... special? :p

2. I would probably add a green salad and maybe a dessert that he likes? Strawberries are really nice right now, and so are peaches...
  3. What kind of greens would match that? Asparagus? Oh yes and fresh fruit for dessert would be yummy!
  4. I think that steamed Asparagus with a little lemon butter sauce would be amazing with what you have planned.
  5. I don't know of any man that doesn't like homemade strawberry shortcake. Made with biscuits and real whipped cream.
    I would skip a second veg. You have the corn on the cob and potatoes.
  6. Ohh that sounds really good. If you don't mind, do you have a certain (easy) recipe you like to follow? I haven't baked much, but I am always up for a challenge!
  7. I always use Martha's recipe

Got to her website and search strawberry shortcake.
    I can't get the link on here - Sorry
  8. An idea for dessert-- very easy and delicious too. Grab some peaches, nectarines or strawberries and chop or slice them. Toss with a little sugar and orange juice and let them marinate. Then spoon them over some pound cake with a little whipped cream. It is delicious and semi-home made but, it has loads of flavor and with whichever fruit's in season it is cheap too!
  9. Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the tips! I made him dinner tonight. We had corn on the cob, baked potato, and LOBSTER!! It was so delicious and fun to make! We both had a blast in the kitchen :smile:

For dessert I surprised him with the pound cake idea! :smile: We put peaches, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. It was delicious!

Thanks again!