A Horrible SA - I have to tell someone

Wow, what is it with rude Chanel SA's? :confused1: I just posted a few days ago about my encounter with an SA with an attitude. :tdown:
But I found the thread about SA's who deserve our purchases on the Chanel subforum. It's very nice to hear that there ARE nice ones out there! I'll be looking for those! :yes:

I'm glad you returned the jewlery.
^^ Did she return it? I thought she kept it and got the price adjusted.

Anyway, speak to a manager and see what they can do for you. These bags are expensive... I bet someone will be happy to help you.

I did get a price adjustment the day I bought it. It took me about a week when I finally realized it bothered me enough that I was just going to return them. I did not even try the necklace on. It just sat on my dresser. I thought when I returned the items that I would have the nerve to confront her if she was theer about the price but I didn't.

I do not believe her name started with an N, but I am not sure. She stapled her card to my receipt but I through it away When I walked into the store she was standing there and just stared at me along with another lady. I think deep down I was hoping she wouldn't be there. I then looked at a couple of bags that I told her I was really interested in. She was so rude that as I was discussing one of the bags, she shut the glass door to it. There were absolutely no other customers so it wasn't like she had other people to worry about. I was there less than 10 minutes.

I even considered going back later, in a couple of days, and just being above the SA's attitude because I really wanted a bag. I just kept letting it bother me and then when I read the forum about the egc event I went nuts. The day I was going to go back would have been October 18th.

Oh well, I do believe everything happens for a reason and everyone on this forum is helping me feel better. Thanks!!! Maybe I would have gotten into a car accident on the way.

^ I don't understand why some people have to make other people feel bad or uncomfortable because of their own issues. Well, I guess I answered my own question-- exactly because of their own issues!

Oh and if you need to know the great SA's who are out there and are super friendly-- I know two (Damian from Saks-- Bala Cynwydd, PA; and Lisa Hamlin from NM--do a search and their names and info come up ALL the time because people LOVE them!) and there are many more on the thread that was mentioned above!

I know it's really hard not to be affected, but try not to let the SA get to you. There are always other SA's and if you have a purse you are sure you want, just call up a recommended SA and they will charge send it to you.

I am not defending the SA in anyway. But I think about relationships with SA's as any other relationship. Sometimes people are just not compatible and rub eachother the wrong way. I have SA's in stores that I REALLY dislike, and I have friends that will only shop with those SA's. I know in my experience as an SA, when you have a bad experience with a customer. It's hard to get along with them, and get rid of that bad blood when you see them the next time. It's all about chemistry!! I am sorry that happened to you though. And I would have returned that necklace for sure!

I was more than kind to the SA, even when I had to go back in and tell her the price on the tag was different than what she charged. I had absolutely no attitude and told her not to worry about it. I even said thank you so much for your help. She made the comment that somebody upstairs put the wrong price tag on it but she would still honor it. Total attitude. I even gave her a second chance when I went back on October 16th.

I grew up in South Dakota and am overly trusting in people. I try to believe there is good in everyone even when someone mistreats me. My attorney even said that I have a heart of gold but get hurt because I am too trusting. This SA was a SNOB and thought I wasn't good enough. I wasn't even thinking about a relationship with her. It was my first encounter with anyone at Chanel. I was at the Frontenac purchasing the LV Mirage and ended up walking through Saks to go to my car. I just happened to see the Chanel store and thought I would take a quick look. It was totally accidental.

Completely unacceptable behaviour on the SA's part. Don't let this horrid experience put you off, hold your head high and find someone with whom you can work - they are out there! And don't let it put you off Chanel! Hope you'll post some more in this subforum as well now you've broken your silence!

this doesnt only happen at chanel...i get that alot when i step into HOLT RENFREW...(that snobby place)...the employees there always have something stuck up their ass. but i HAVE come across a few that were really helpful and nice, say hi, and stuff like that. but usually they act like your not there, dont say hi when you walk in, and ignore you when you try to strike up a conversation. one time when i was at holt renfrew in montreal, one of my girlfriends walked into tiffanys and the lady working totally ignored her. didnt say hi, didnt even look at her. and there was abosolutely NO ONE in the store but my friend. she felt unwelcomed so she just left the store...she was gunna buy a bracelet from there too. but she didnt wanna give commission to that ignorant *beep*. i dont know why they do it, maybe its an ego thing? because they feel like they're better than everyone else cause they work for high designer stores? i dont know...

Oh I'm sorry to hear about your horrible SA. I've dealt with a Nancy at the Saks St. Louis store but only over the phone.

I think almost everyone has had a bad experience or another. For me, I don't think the SA thinks that I can afford them so they don't even bother to help me...I'm the one trying to chase them down to get them to help me. And I do get a lot of looks of what are you doing here. But there are some really nice and good SAs out there. I do recommend that you search for the thread about recommended SA and I'm sure you'll find one that you like. :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that. I too have had bad experiences with SA's. The worst are the women who work in the Chanel area at Saks BH. I wont even get into all the details for how they have treated me but it got so bad that I had to tell the manager of the store about their behavior. I refuse to buy from them now and I only buy my Chanels from Neimans, the boutique or Nordstrom. I will never buy another Chanel bag from Saks BH from those SA's again. I do have a few other SA's that work at Saks in a different dept. who are super sweet and they said they can always run and get me any Chanel I love and I can buy from them which is very nice :smile:

I have been treated the same way too. I honestly think they are judging you whether you can afford or deserve to have an expensive bag, and it's not their call! I wish those nasty SA's would leave their convictions/baggage at the door in the morning.

Thankfully now I have a wonderful SA in NM in San Diego that has not judged me and is super nice to me. I bought three bags from her in 2 months...well hopefully she's happy since she got a nice commission off of me! :graucho:

I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I just had a bad experience with a Chanel SA recently as well, so I know what you're going through. I hope your next purchase turns out better than this one! :smile:

this doesnt only happen at chanel...i get that alot when i step into HOLT RENFREW...(that snobby place)...the employees there always have something stuck up their ass. but i HAVE come across a few that were really helpful and nice, say hi, and stuff like that. but usually they act like your not there, dont say hi when you walk in, and ignore you when you try to strike up a conversation. one time when i was at holt renfrew in montreal, one of my girlfriends walked into tiffanys and the lady working totally ignored her. didnt say hi, didnt even look at her. and there was abosolutely NO ONE in the store but my friend. she felt unwelcomed so she just left the store...she was gunna buy a bracelet from there too. but she didnt wanna give commission to that ignorant *beep*. i dont know why they do it, maybe its an ego thing? because they feel like they're better than everyone else cause they work for high designer stores? i dont know...

I agree. Most of the SAs at Holts are pretty snobby. Do these people really make enough for them to act like they are better than us??? Oh, give me a break.