A horrible experience at LV

1. At the end of the last month, I finally got a 6 key holder (monogram) which I really wanted. I requested for the personalization service. I was told that the person who does the personalization was on vacation and she would be back on following Monday. The SA told me that I would be able to pick up my key holder on Monday and she would call me when it was ready. On Monday, nobody called me.:confused1: I waited until Thursday and called the store. My keyholder was not ready, and even the person who does the personalization had not come back. I was a little surprised. The SA on the phone said that the person would be back on Saturday and that they would call me on Saturday to let me know when my key holder might be ready. So I waited. On Saturday, nobody called me again.:hysteric: Just before the time for closing, I called the store. Again, the SA told me that my key holder was not ready and THE person was not available. I asked the SA when she would be back and the SA told me that he didn't know. WTH!! :cursing:He told me to just wait and they would give me a call when it is ready. I could not believe it. JUST WAIT?? Wait for how long? Forever? And they had NOT called me once when they said they would. I was very upset and very disappointed with this LV service. I decided to pick my key holder even though it was not ready. And I wrote a complaint on LV website. The agent responded to my complaint and he told me that he contacted the boutique. The agent told me that he got the same response from the boutique and suggested me picking up the key holder. So yesterday, I went to the boutique to pick my key holder up. One SA told me that THE person who does the personalization came back but she was very busy with inventories and with the preparation for the visit of LV president. So she could not do the personalization. Whatever!! And it turned out that THE person is the manager of the boutique. Who can I complain to.. They could have sent my key holder to somewhere else so that the personalization could be done. They told me that they could send it to somewhere else when I first asked for the personalization: But they told me that it would not be any faster. I should have told them to send it to another location from the beginning. I also don't understand why they didn't send it to another boutique even though they knew that the personalization could not be done in near future. I guess I really need to find a good SA and try another boutique. The boutique is in VA.

2. I'm sorry to hear about that!

3. Sorry about your experience. I love LV but the customer service is terrible. Yes, find another boutique. Maybe write a letter?

4. Thank you for your reply.. I will try another boutique which is closer to my home. I hope the service is better.

5. Hope you'll find better service and get your personalization done asap!!

6. wow, how annoying for you! i'm sorry about your bad experience.

7. Sorry! Sounds so frustrating!

8. I am so sorry to hear about your experience! I am very upset myself with the customer service that LV provides (or doesn't provide...). I am furious with them right now about a return that I made about a month ago (to LV online), and I STILL have not received the credit to my card! So, even though I love LV, I DO NOT LOVE their customer service!!! I wish you the best of luck, hope you will get better service at another boutique! Take care

9. ~Awww...that's too bad that you had such an unpleasant experience:hugs: Hope you'll find one that will give you a better service~

10. I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. I hope you get better service at another boutique. I am currently experiencing a bad situation also. I hope I can resolve my issue soon.

11. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. If you don't mind me asking which boutique are you talking about? The one in Neimans or Fairfax Square?

12. I left a vachetta luggage tag at NM Tysons this past Friday (at their suggestion) for personalization. I was told that they send it out and could take about two weeks. I am hoping that it will be ready on the 13th because I have to go back to Tysons that day. The tag is for our Keepall 50 and is being done in a monogram style (my initial, last name initial larger and his initial same size as mine.) I'm hoping that it wasn't a mistake. We are going away at the end of the month and I would like to have it back by that time.
    Have you ever used the LV Boutique in Chevy Chase? I've been there, but like to shop at NM more since they offer nice perks occasionally.
    --Judy

13. yup, personalisation can be very frustrating. THe longest time I waited for mine was 2.5 months. I think it has to do with the much increased clientele and therefore a proportional increase in the number of people who ask for the service. Two years ago, LV was not like this.... Their extra-services were very thorough, fast, and well done. Now, everything is slow, sloppy, and often have mistakes and "unexpected surprises" (eg. 2 of my bag have black stains on them probably caused by the rubbing on the dirty hot-stamp machine)

14. Which boutique in VA may I ask? You should have found out the day the president was coming to their store and camped out there and asked for the manager then about your key holder while he was there! Write a letter and when you do copy one to the manager of the store, the one who did not extend any customer serivice to you.

15. That's terrible, sorry to hear about that! I agree, if they couldn't do it then they should have sent it to another boutique.