A Hard Thinking Questions...

1. 1) If at birth you could select the profession your child would eventually pursue, would you do so? If you would what would you choose? Would it change by gender?

2) Would you personally be willing to murder an innocent person if it would end hunger in the world?

3)Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave your country and never set foot in it again?

4)What is your most treasured memory?

5)Would you give up half of what you now own for a pill that would permanently change you so that one hour of sleep each day would fully refresh you?

2. 1. No...that totally contradicts the idea of "freewill" and I would never want to take away my child's freewill.
    2. No I could never murder an innocent person.
    3. No way...I love Canada way too much to ever leave!!! :heart:
    4. Keeping this one to myself.
    5. No...I love to sleep!!

3. 1) If at birth you could select the profession your child would eventually pursue, would you do so? If you would what would you choose? Would it change by gender?
    No, I wouldn't. I strongly believe that everyone has the right and freedom to choose how they want their lives to turn out. I would never take that away from anyone, especially my own children.

2) Would you personally be willing to murder an innocent person if it would end hunger in the world?
    No I wouldn't.

3)Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave your country and never set foot in it again?
    Probably :shame:

My nightly talk with my beloved grandmother. She passed away a couple of years ago. I still miss her very much.

5)Would you give up half of what you now own for a pill that would permanently change you so that one hour of sleep each day would fully refresh you?
    No. I love sleeping too much to give it up :amuse:

4. 1) If at birth you could select the profession your child would eventually pursue, would you do so? If you would what would you choose? Would it change by gender? no. i think part of the fun of growing up is exploring different careers and opportunities. it's what makes you who you are as a person.

2) Would you personally be willing to murder an innocent person if it would end hunger in the world? no. murder is wrong. suffering to end suffering has never made sense to me. and i have a weak stomach.

3)Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave your country and never set foot in it again? without hesitation. canada here i come!

4)What is your most treasured memory? time spent with my dad.

5)Would you give up half of what you now own for a pill that would permanently change you so that one hour of sleep each day would fully refresh you? maybe. i like sleep...but i do it too much. i would definately do this for my hubby though. he's an EMT and full time student...he's always SO tired. :sad: and i would give up nearly everything i own for a permanent skinny pill. :yes:

5. 1) Yes, I want a boy and a girl...I will choose the sex after the first child

2) No.

3) Yes. I have always wanted to live in Europe

4) My childhood

5) NO, I have enough problems to deal with. I'd love to have 7-8 hrs of peace.

6. 1) If at birth you could select the profession your child would eventually pursue, would you do so? If you would what would you choose? Would it change by gender? No way, that is for them to decide.

2) Would you personally be willing to murder an innocent person if it would end hunger in the world? No, I don't want to live with the guilt.

3)Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave your country and never set foot in it again? Yes...in a heartbeat.

4)What is your most treasured memory? I don't have any treasured memories.

5)Would you give up half of what you now own for a pill that would permanently change you so that one hour of sleep each day would fully refresh you? No way, what am I going to do when everyone else is sleeping?

7. 1) If at birth you could select the profession your child would eventually pursue, would you do so? If you would what would you choose? Would it change by gender?

No - my child should be allowed to choose whatever he or she wishes. Female and male children can achieve the same things, I don't believe there is any profession that ought to be determined on gender.

No. But given the choice, I would gladly end my own life if that was the price to pay to end world hunger.

Yes, I was going to emigrate anyways.

Standing below Michelangelo's centre panel at the Sistene Chapel - when Adam accepts the breath of life from God. I'm not religious in any way, I'm not even very spiritually inclined, but at that moment I felt.. just so complete.

5) Would you give up half of what you now own for a pill that would permanently change you so that one hour of sleep each day would fully refresh you?

Yes, I don't sleep all that much anyways and I've always wanted more awake time.

8. 1) If at birth you could select the profession your child would eventually pursue, would you do so? If you would what would you choose? Would it change by gender?

Never! I would not want to take away the valuable life lessons they would learn selecting a path of their own.

No, I would never murder, period.

No, my family and friends are here and they are worth more than any amount of money!!!

When my husband looked at me after the birth of my son and said, "Look, dude, he looks just like me".

No way!!! I love being in bed for at least 8 hours!!!!

9. 1. NO!!!
    2.No
    3. Yes....because I have citizenship in my birth country and could run back there and be perfectly content (but only if hubby comes with!)
    4. Corny, but my wedding and college graduation (1st person in family to graduate)
    5.No....I like what I own and I'd be bored out of my mind if I was up for 23 hours a day.

10. 1. No. I didn't have good judgement with establishing my own career, I certainly wouldn't want to be in charge of someone elses as well.

2. No. I just couldn't look into the innocent person's eyes and pull the trigger (or knife or whatever). I couldn't commit suicide either. It's awful, but the abstract notion of starving people is so much easier to bear than the immediate violence of murder and death. Even though, technically, I guess you would be saving more lives by slaughtering the one.

3. Yep. I love so many things about the U.S. (not everything, but a lot) but I know that I could be very happy in England, Canada, or Italy with a million bucks.

4. Not sure...probably early childhood memories.

5. Actually, yes! I hate being tired and I hate the feeling of having to wake up early in the morning. Sounds like the pill would make that all painless. And that's kind of like getting extra time added to your life.

11. 1) If at birth you could select the profession your child would eventually pursue, would you do so? If you would what would you choose? Would it change by gender?
    Definately not. My parents tried to choose my profession for me. They wanted me to be a physician. At first, I went along with it and wanted to make them happy. I am both of my parents favorite child, and I really did not want to disappoint them. But, I was very unhappy in college, and knew that I would be just as unhappy for the rest of my life if I didnt choose my own profession. It took me a while to break it to them, and they were upset at first. But, now they accept it and are very proud of my achievements. However, they still say.."you never know, you might change your mind and go back to med school" :rolleyes:
    For this reason, I will try to steer my kids in the right direction by giving them the best education possible, but in no way will I tell them what to do with their lives. :noworry:

No way. There are so many other ways to help mediate world hunger without having to lose an innocent life.
    Some might think that one life can be traded for millions of others (since hunger kills millions of people each year) but it is still unethical to take an innocent life.

NEVER...my parents left our home country and came to the U.S. I love my life in the U.S. I have been so accustomed to it, that I refuse to imagine living anywhere else. I do visit my homeland very often, but I still hate the fact that I know that I cannot tolerate living there. I also recognize that my parents would not be where they are today if they did not leave, and I wouldnt be living the life I am living, but it still hurts to know that I am not really living where I belong.

The last time I went to visit my grandfather. I had the best time with him, just sitting on the balcony and talking about "life". As I was leaving to the airport the day I was scheduled to come back to the states, I almost didnt go say goodbye to him because I knew that I would break down and cry. :cry: My mom convinced me to go however, and we shared a very special moment. I kissed him on his forehead and he gave me the warmest hug, I still get goosebumps when I think about it. A year later, he passed away before I was scheduled to see him that summer. His passing was a surprise, because he was in good health. I was SO happy I said goodbye to him. I know that I would have been overcome with guilt if I had not done so. It is almost as if he knew it would be the last time we saw each other. I miss him terribly, especially when I visited his home this summer, and he wasnt sitting on his usual seat on the balcony, but at least we said a proper good-bye. :cry:

No, not really. I love to sleep and one hour will never suffice :rolleyes:

Great questions enjlux...they really got me thinking :flowers:

12. ^^^I love the point that there are lots of better ways to work on world hunger than sacrificing the innocent. Hadn't even thought of it from that perspective, just knew I couldn't do it.

Great questions!

13. 1. Something in computers.
    2. not at all
    3. ABSOLUTELY not
    4. every day spent with my mother, and the day my daughter was born.
    5. nah

14. 1)they will have to choose what suits them, it's not up to me!
    2)no way!why to murder an innocent person?
    3)i don't know...if i nedded the money, i think i would.
    4)the ones related to my childhood:love:
    5)no....sleeping is one of the biggest pleasures one can have;)

15. Yes, immediately, I am a lazy person who sleeps too much on the weekends. Hmmm, but I may just end up shopping more....