A friend gave me a superfake for Christmas...

the LV placement on the agenda seems incorrect. I'd say the agenda is fake. The color is also off and the LOUIS VUITTON lettering and ink doesn't seem right.

You rock for cutting up the fake one! :tup: Sometimes friends mean well, but they're not always on track. It sounds like you handled it very well.
Thanx. My friend got a kick out of seeing the fake one cut up too:roflmfao:. She will now think twice about buying a fake one, especially can get a gently used piece on ebay for not much than $50...

That is soooo great! Thanks for the post! I got it right! Woo Hoo! For me, I looked closely at the design logos and fleurs and detected subtle differences!

Special Note: I am however only feeling confident and woo-hooing my graphic artist skills--I am still going to rely on Rebecca and John for the final word on my own purchases!

Seriously. I now want to see the gut of a real one, just to see what it looks like. If I win the million dollar jackpot, I will buy a real one and cut it up.:roflmfao::roflmfao:
I'm curious now, too, to see what the inside of a REAL LV looks like. But the thought of taking scissors/knife/something sharp to an LV...I can't breathe!

Definitely not a super fake, I could tell right away! The dimensions/alignment of the agenda are so off, and the heatstamp was a confirmation.

One of my friends also went to China this summer, and brought back tons of fake designer stuff. I saw him carrying an LV wallet one day and was thinking "What the heck???" He must've seen the expression on my face, because he smiled and handed it to me and told me to check out his new Louis Vuitton. I didn't even have to open it up, held it for 5 seconds and knew instantly it was fake. Then, looking at it in my hand, I thought why I didn't see it was a fake right away because it was so obvious. I opened it up, and the inside was terrible. The coin flap was sewed on sloppily, the heat stamp was a totally wrong font, and the "cross grained leather" felt like plastic. I handed it back to him, and said "fake". He was shocked because he thought it was such a "good" fake.

i'm pretty stressed lately......so i wish someone would give me a superfake for Christmas too.....so i can cut them up like you did~~!!!! :rolleyes::roflmfao::roflmfao:

great and fun thred, i had a kick out of it~!! well done, buddy~:tup::nuts::roflmfao:

Thanks for posting! That was a fun quiz.

I got it right, but the thing that was the tip-off for me was the stitching. Don't you all think it looks dramatically different in each of the pictures? The real one has much more defined stitches. They look more substantial and are very even and regular.