A DAY question~

^^ Aw, thanks, Z! I bet this style would look great on you too...as your flat hobo looks awesome ;o) and they have a similar casual-cool vibe.

Next time you see one at a shop, try taking out all the stuffing and empty your purse contents into it as it needs some weight to hang right. I bet if it's the right color, it will look fabulous.

I think the shoulder strap drop on the day is one of the most generous...you just have to take out the stuffing as your personal items won't likely fill the bag completely. Here's a pic of me modeling a rouge vif day, you can see there's lots of arm-pit room even with it mostly stuffed:
PICT0001.jpg

Real - that is one GORGEOUS day bag :love:

Zac - before I got my Ink day I went to BalNY 4 times, no joke, to try it on - because I saw how great it looks in the photos of the Day bag owners! - and it just didn't look that great in the store... but after a few wears the bag does soften up, and pretty quickly! AND - it's the ONLY bag that doesn't slip off the winter-coat shoulder! My default winter bag!
What color are you thinking of?

I thought the day was too long at first, but what I love about it is that I can jam pack it and it still looks decent, and I can run around with just a wristlet and cosmetic case and it still maintains a great slouch. Now the drop- its AMAZING! I have one of those HUGE & BULKY northface jackets, and it fits so comfortably on my shoulder, with room to spare.

2nd all of this! This is also what makes it so awesome for shopping. The bag starts of almost empty and as the shopping progresses, I can stash small purchases and fill it up to the brim and it still looks great!

when i first saw the day bags, i thought they were rather awkward looking with the strap so short and bag itself so tall, especially since they stuff it with paper at the store..
but once i got my baby, and put my stuff in it, it slouches beautifully and that's when it's true proportion shows! the zipper part is meant to slouch lower and after using it awhile, the handle won't be stiff anymore and would slouch to fit your shoulder! and yeap i use it over all my bulky coats and the way the strap is made, it doesn't slip off!!! :love:
i think FAYDEN had a nice pic of herself with her day bag in the day bag club....! now THATS the way a day bag's supposed to look!
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/join-the-day-club-73257-11.html?highlight=fayden

I agree with orinoco. When I first saw the day in photos, I thought it was odd looking. The bag was so deep, like a filled-in "U." But later, I saw that it slouched in the center, which makes it look a lot better.

I agree that it is one of the most comfy and practical BBags to wear. The shoulder strap is generous (even for the larger ladies like me).

Zac,
You might want to get a new day now in winter, so you can break it in when while wearing a coat. By spring and summer, the strap should be stretched out a bit and softer!
It is one of my favorite styles and the best "grab and go" bal bag.

I hate the Day when it's new. It reminds me of a feedbag. I have my truffle hanging in the closet with books in it. :P When the strap stretches and it behaves then I will use it. I think it's the worst to break in and I look in the mirror and immediately grab a City or Twiggy. One thing I noticed is that some of the straps are a little longer than others. My new aqua is a tighter fit than my Truffle and my Mom's '05 is longer than both of them. My friend just got a Day in cafe and hers is a pretty tight fit. She stretched it by carrying it but she didn't like it the first couple of weeks.
I know what you mean Z, I think it looks fabulous on everyone else here, but I don't think it looks that good on me.

GO FOR IT MIZ Z!!! :yes: I love my truffle Day...it's the only B-bag I own that fits over my winter coat. And as you use it more, the slouch gets better and looks awesome.

slinks~ I was thinking of some bright color for the day~ either rouge vif or magenta but I also love the rouge '05!!!

orinico~ fayden's pic did really inspire me to get the day!!!

I like the dolma that's on ebay now but it won't give me the punch of color that I feel I need~ all my Bbags are more neutral~ I don't have any bright colors.

powder~ thanks for some insight. I need to hear that you will use your day to give me inspiration!!!!!!!

^^ Aw, thanks, Z! I bet this style would look great on you too...as your flat hobo looks awesome ;o) and they have a similar casual-cool vibe.

Next time you see one at a shop, try taking out all the stuffing and empty your purse contents into it as it needs some weight to hang right. I bet if it's the right color, it will look fabulous.

Real~ does your bag have a lot inside of it in the picture you posted? Thanks!