A "Coach" lunch - Suggestions please?

1. So I'm meeting my neice for lunch and we're doing a "Coach circuit" (as I've said, there are multiple Coach boutiques/stores that carry Coach within a 5 mile radius)

Anyway - I've decided I need a black bag. I have one of the scarf prints and the patent mahogany gallery tote, and will purchase the geranium med madeline next month - but now I need something classic in black.

Any suggestions? I was considering getting the Madeline in black, but wanted other options to look at.

TIA

2. I'm not a fan of the Madeline in black. I think I like the green too much. The Madeline is all that is currently out that would be "classic". I'm partial to the black leather large ergo tote.

3. I had the same issue with not having a black bag. The Ergo is more casual, but I suggest you take a look at that, its such a nice and sheik looking bag!

4. i also was in the market for a black bag...the bleeker is nice

5. This doesn't solve the problem if you need the bag now, but I would wait until the fall lines comes out. They usually have the best selection of black bags, including the Legacy bags. Otherwise, I am a big fan of the Large Bleecker Flap bags in black, but I don't know if they are still in boutiques.

Have a fabulous time on your shopping/lunch trip! I am jealous that we don't have more boutiques in my state!

6. Would you be interested in any of the the hampton carryalls. I think it is a great classic bag. They look very sophisticated in my mind. I have the older version but the newer is really nice as well. http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=10528&category_id=161

They also have it with the embossed stripe. It is also not as huge as the madeline - which when I tried on seemed to dwarf me as I am 5'3. Can't wait to see what you buy.

7. Thanks for your suggestion - I did in fact purchase the hamptons leather carryall in black and love, love LOVE it!

Just an aside about the Madeline - I'm 5'3" also and agree that the Madeline 11554 is way too big - BUT they have the Med Madeline 11553 available in 3 colors. I'm waiting until March when it will be available in geranium. You can order the three colors available online now - or have your local boutique order for you! HTH

8. great - i know you will love the hamptons! I am surprised more people don't carry as it is a really practical bag. I also tend to dress more "dressy" so it goes well with most of the wardrobe.

9. get a nice madeline....