A call to all '05 Teal owners

1. I'm thinking of going for something in 2005 Teal and was wondering if any of you have experienced fading with your Teal Bbags?

2. I have a Teal first, and I absolutely love it! The colour is slightly different now to when i first got it, I wouldn't say faded but used. The handles don't show darkening unlike the lighter colours. As long as you look after it, you should have no problems at all. A lovely colour that goes with everything - a very wise investment!

3. I've heard about the supposed "fading" of certain colors, but I really think that it's not really fading, but more like the sheen (gloss) is worn off after use. Unlike prior years, the '05 and early '06 leathers had a shine to them that would wear off and as such, a lot of folks thought that the color had faded. Have you tried AppleGuard or one of the other leather products that will restore the sheen?

4. I was thinking if the new aquamarine is very similar to teal, wich one is nicer??

5. my teal has changed a bit, but it hasn't really faded. the patina is just a bit more "broken in"- i like it!

6. I love my '05 teal, and the color is wonderful.....no fading, and (as Anna Jane stated) it's a versatile color to have.

7. My teal hobo is still a great colour, it hasn't faded at all and it has been well used. I was really lucky in finding a Teal which had great even leather, which is still smooshy and soft!! I wish I had bought a Teal city as well!!

8. Ditto.

Handbagaddict, there's a pristine teal city on eBay right now with very low starting price and no reserve. It looks like it's in great condition.

:back2topic: Teal in my opinion is one of the most underrated colors. Everytime I look at my teal I'm :wtf: by what a deep, rich, gorgeous color it is. I don't think it gets anywhere near the hype it deserves. And no, no scary fading on mine either. It's rich and supersaturated throughout.:yes:

9. ^^ Ooooh thanks Deco! ;) Hmm, maybe that Teal city isn't such a distant dream afterall!! :love:

Would love to see a pic of your teal Deco....I agree, I think teal is one of the nicest blues that Bal have ever done...and we know they love their blues!!! If only they loved pinks and purples too!!!

10. I really like teal too, it's a pretty versatile color. Here's a picture of a teal first that shows the color nicely:

[​IMG]

11. Beautiful bag!! If you love teal and don't want to pay above retail, the new aquamarine is a bright marriage between '05 teal and turquoise.

12. Thanks girls! I really appreciate you taking the time. :yes: