A Birkin is not enough at the Ritz

Lol! Wow, I can't believe they rejected you!! Well at least you can see the funny side of things!! Im sure some people would have been pi**ed!! Lol, your birkin was too good for the Ritz anyway! xx

This is just silly! You two looked so lovely yesterday! I'm sure you didn't miss much. I guess it's just one of those things that give this city its "character."

I to be honest I like that The Ritz , along with the Savoy, etc has kept its dress code, it such an historical place.

Getting the train home to the Cots wolds you can pick out the upper class Brits so easily , Cromby coat with velvet collar, Pinstripe suits, Lobbs shoes its just so English!. mostly Bankers, Politicians heading home from the city to the country, so Churchill.

It would be difficult if you made exceptions as the other members have described. all good fun Loren and Eliselady looked totally chic and fantastic.

I am strongly anti-ritz, as once, me and my friend tried to get in, and despite him wearing jeans (normaly ones), and me wearing dark grey moleskin jeans, that look more like chinos, he was allowed in, and I wasnt.
I smiled at the doorman, and coughed at him. Maybe immature, but oh well :smile:

Well that was wrong, of the doorman.
If they have this dress rule, it should apply to all

BTW, doorman want tips, they dont want to turn people away from the Ritz, but have to adhere to the policy as its under quite new ownership and has just had a 50 million pound makeover, its owned by a private couple.

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

That's insane! I went to the Ritz in Naples, FL wearing Citizens and a Theory top and carrying an LV bag and they let me right in! Wow.

For some reason dress codes in Britain are much stricter than in the continent, I have had the opportunity to check this several times. What happened to you in the Ritz in London would not have happened in the Ritz in Paris.

While in Harrods they could turn you out for looking dishevelled (t-shirt, shorts, flip-flops) and it is a SHOP, not a private club! In my father-in law golf club restaurant (nothing fancy either the club or restaurant) men have to wear a jacket and jeans are also OUT.

...and apparently, when the Burberry check became the symbols of chavs and hooligans, somebody in his own club in Edimburgh was politely requested never to use the offending scarf again (the man was is his seventies :lol:)

...I shall add something , at the risk of offending many, but anyway this is something that infuriates me so here it goes:

I cannot understand those who can afford to stay in luxury hotels and who (obviously) have an eye for beauty and a taste for the better things in life , and then walk about in...yes, shorts, runners and shapeless t-shirts. Do not blame it on the heat, I saw this couple at the Excelsior in Rome dressed like that, it was 38 degrees outside, but with a pair of loose linnen trousers and a matching shirt and flat leather sandals (to put an example) they would have looked fine and would have blended easier with the wonderful surroundings. They were German.

True, I suppose some people just don't want to bother , or to this German couple they may of not paid any attention to to how they should dress .

I like to try dress for the occasion.

Well...well I've been to Ritz last year and wearing jeans Brut (very dark blue) and no Birkin (I was very sad at that time ;))...
and have no problem...

Maybe because I was staying in the Hotel, or because the rules has changed since then...or because Birkin are not allowed ;)