A Birkin is not enough at the Ritz

1. Soooooo, after a lovely London get together today, I thought it would only be right and proper to take Loren for a glass of bubbly at The Ritz. We smile at the top-hat wearing door man, walk through the hallowed doors, gaze at the 20 foot christmas tree, sniff the air for the smell of champers and ......despite waving our birkins..... we are REFUSED ENTRY because we were wearing jeans!

So now, wherever I am in the world, I can honestly say "I have been thrown out of better places than this!"

2. OMG...that is too funny!!! Note to self...don't go to Ritz in London when visiting over the holidays as will most likely be wearing jeans...
  3. They just don't recognise CLASS!
  4. EL, that is hilarious!!! Who would have thought in this day and age, that jeans don't pass muster at the Ritz??
  5. But the question is had you walked in wearing some tatty gap trousers (Nothing wrong with Gap mind you, purely rhetoriacal) and carrying a god awful fake vuitton would you then pass the muster?
  6. Oh my gosh, that's terrible, but also really kind of funny! I love that you have a great sense of humor about it though :tup:
  7. It is terrible but funny! I waved my Birkin bravely, but no go. Even the "poor american just wanted to see the Ritz" line failed!

Maybe it is only funny because we drank a bottle elsewhere I am a teensey weensey bit squiffley....
  8. I bet that bottle tasted amazing in your stylish jeans though!!! :tup:
  9. I :heart: EL, and I totally :heart: being able to say "I've been thrown out of better places than this." :roflmfao:

This is the kind of story you get to tell for a long time, and it just gets funnier every time...
  10. :smile: You were in jeans, E? :wtf:OMG, I would never do that

...(JK! You know I'm always in jeans!)
  11. OMG, E -- that is too funny! We'd better find somewhere else to go when I come visit because I wear jeans everywhere :p
  12. Great humor, eliselady:roflmfao:. Good thing you didn't :bagslap:the doorman!
    Didn't you guys feel like the teenagers again:girlsigh:? Such fun and Christmassy story. I can vividly imagine the great mood you had. "And I'm free" or "Flying" theme sings to me:jammin: Thanks for telling!
  13. In this day of designer jeans?! Wow! The Ritz is behind the times! LOL!
    I do love your sense of humor about the whole thing!
  14. Too funny. And I love how you changed your Location! Hee.
  15. More like teenagers "didnt want to go to your stupid hotel anyway...."!!!