A bag you would never buy...

What an absolutely negative thread! Sorry to whoever started it! I just want to add my favorite lines from my childhood (spoken by my mom!):

"that's why they make vanilla and chocolate"

"if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all"

There now I feel like I have helped make the world a better place!

all i can say is that ever since joining tPF, i've grown to LOVE so many of the bags i used to not be too fond of (i.e. Noe, Speedy, the Denim line, the MC line, the Dentelle line) but now they are some of my faves! so definitely never say never.

probably the only bags i'd be afraid to buy is because of the design with the vachetta on the bottom (like the alma and the cabas line). i'm afraid they'd get dirty too easily.

I have to agree that this thread is slightly negative. I would rather a "whats your favorite bag?" I also have to agree with the "never say never" line. There have been bags I never thought I would like - and then I see pictures in here and fall in loooove!. I actually made fun of the denim line a year ago because it's so expensive and thought "who would spend that kind of money on denim??" Now I am the proud owner of a baggy pm.

I have to agree that this thread is slightly negative. I would rather a "whats your favorite bag?" I also have to agree with the "never say never" line. There have been bags I never thought I would like - and then I see pictures in here and fall in loooove!. I actually made fun of the denim line a year ago because it's so expensive and thought "who would spend that kind of money on denim??" Now I am the proud owner of a baggy pm.

I disagree - I don't think it's all that negative - I find it really helpful to know what bags people don't care for and why - helps me in making my decisions sometimes - and sometimes they're just fun to read. I don't ever take it personally - if someone doesn't like a bag I have and really like, it doesn't bother me a bit. I also have changed my mind on bags I thought I hated too - so it's all in good fun. I hope we're not so sensitive that it really bothers us if someone doesn't like a particular bag. I actually find these threads kind of interesting and helpful.

I disagree - I don't think it's all that negative - I find it really helpful to know what bags people don't care for and why - helps me in making my decisions sometimes - and sometimes they're just fun to read. I don't ever take it personally - if someone doesn't like a bag I have and really like, it doesn't bother me a bit. I also have changed my mind on bags I thought I hated too - so it's all in good fun. I hope we're not so sensitive that it really bothers us if someone doesn't like a particular bag. I actually find these threads kind of interesting and helpful.

Agreed. As long as we are just listing the bags we dont care for and why it is interesting. Im sure no one here expects everyone to like every bag that they have. Someone said they didnt like the monogram with holes and it reminded them of a bright light or something...i thought that was sooo funny and i laughed! Well, my perfo Speedy is my favorite LV! it didnt bother me that she doesnt like it. why would it?

I think it would only turn negative if people were insulting other people or saying things that were just plain mean.:smile:

I'm probably the only one on the forum, but I just don't care too much for epi leather. It just reminds me of corrugated cardboard and I've tried but I just can't warm up to it.

This is too funny. I never thought of the Epi that way but now that you mention it you are right. But I still like the Epi. (but I don't own any Epi)

Others I don't care for are the Dentelle, The Mirror and the MC. I like the more basic lines.

I see your point - I don't get offended either but I know some others could. I just hate when a thread takes a turn and starts to go downhill is all. Other than that, I too can learn a lot from other's opinions.

umm... lots...

-all speedies (except MC, epi, and LE)
-mono alma (epi and damier are okie with me)
-all musettes
-l'aimable
-pochette accessoire (except MC and epi)
-amazon or its camera-bag variations lol
... umm that's all I can think of for now...

EDIT: another popped up, the babylone is a no likey for me
I also just looked back and will add that these bags that *I* don't like are not meant to offend others who do like/own them...