a bag should close!

I like open top bags, dog leash closure bags, and zipper bags.

I do not, however, like those bags that zip MOST of the way across but at each end there is a gap. Only because the zipper comes completely apart and it bothers me to have to put it together each time I want to zip my bag.

Personal preference, though :yes:
I was going to write the same thing ! Those zippers really annoy me although I don't have a bag that has one but it would bother me, why can't they just make it go all the way accross and not come apart ?

^^^ I agree that the zippers that come apart are somewhat annoying, but I understand why they have them. At least on the bags I have with that kind of zipper, the sides of the bag have a snap near the top which "puckers" the edges when it's closed. It would be difficult or impossible to have a zipper lie flat at the ends, so you have the in-between zipper. I hope that was understandable - it made sense in my head anyway!
I don't really like those zippers, but the bags that feature them are awfully cute, so I guess I'm willing to give up a little function for style.

I agree with the OP. The closure issue is why I never got an ergo tote. I visited it several times in the store and the "openness" of the bag really bothered me. I would never feel comfortable.

dear coach,
when a bag costs several hundred dollars, it should close fully. this means no dog-leash closures that don't really protect anything, and no zippers that go halfway across.

thank you

I think it's a good thing Coach has different styles of bag closure to suit everyone's preference. Judging from the responses here, some prefer open top, others full zip closure.

I am with you Gaby! I am really trying to steer clear of bags that do not zip. Too easy for rain or snow to get in there and people's hands that do not belong (i.e. children and pickpockets)!

I think it's a good thing Coach has different styles of bag closure to suit everyone's preference. Judging from the responses here, some prefer open top, others full zip closure.

I was going to post the same thing! I used to think I had to have a zipper top. I realized that sometimes I don't zip my Carly even though it has a zipper top :lol: Now I've moved onto flap bags as well and I might even get an open top bag. I don't really care for the partial zipper top. The Heritage tote had that and it was kind of awkward.

I must be one of the few people that likes open top bags! Even when it has a zipper I never close it :oh: I like my large Carly for that reason- the slouch kind of keeps it closed!

I do not, however, like those bags that zip MOST of the way across but at each end there is a gap. Only because the zipper comes completely apart and it bothers me to have to put it together each time I want to zip my bag.

Sentiments exactly! I hate it when I have to balance the bag with one knee up in the air so I can put the zipper together. Sigh. Or maybe I am just not elegant. Haha.

I do like open bags cos it is much convenient but I load my purse so much, I worry I will lose my stuff!