9 Black bags, justifiable or no?

?

Is having these 9 black bags justifiable?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Super Dressy: Marc Jacobs Venetia in Black
    Work/Small: Kenneth Cole New York Bucket Brigade Black
    Work/Medium: Cole Haan Tote in Black
    Work/Big: Cole Haan Paige in Black
    Wild Card/Small: Botkier Bianca Medium in Black Gunmetal
    Wild Card/Medium: Jenny Yuen Gatsby in Black
    Wild Card/Big: Rebecca Minkoff MA in Black Basketweave
    Casual/Small Bag: Marc By Marc Jacobs Bowler in Black
    Casual/Big Bag: Marc By Marc Jacobs Teri in Black

Am I just playing a game of "lets rationalize this" or is having 9 bags totally justifiable?

Honestly, I need opinions! Were it up to me, I would "justify" having 20 black bags!

2. i voted yes...although maybe i would rethink it so that i could use all of them..9 black PLUS colors is a lot of bags to have on rotation. just my 2 cents though.

3. Totally justifiable. If you love them, if they're different enough, and if you use all of them, why not? :smile: Especially since at least three of them sound like work bags, which I personally think don't count. ;)

If you need to downsize or incorporate some new colors, you could probably trim it down, but if you don't need to, why not keep 'em all.

4. ^HAH! I know what you mean! You really dont want to see my entire list!

Thank you for your input! :yes:

5. If they were 9 bags from different designers i would say YES! but.. i'm not sure about having 3 or 4 from the same company, due to some details that designers are consistent with. But then again, if you love ALL of them.... why not?! A woman CAN NEVER have too many handbags (in any color). :supacool:

6. If they work with your wardrobe, why not? You seem to have thought it through and gotten different sizes and styles. You could probably add a black clutch (or two), if you're looking for justification for a tenth one!

7. I used to be a "one bag woman" until very recently!!! I think it's fun to rotate your bags and have one for each day of the week or to reflect your mood.

I LOVE black bags, but then, black is all I wear, so lately I've been looking for a "pop" of color.

But black is still where it's AT. Gung....if all are a different style then KEEP 'EM. What I might find bizarre is if you had the same bag by the same designer in the same color only in different sizes.

But you don't, so YAY!!!

8. [/quote]What I might find bizarre is if you had the same bag by the same designer in the same color only in different sizes.

But you don't, so YAY!!![/quote]

LOL, can you give me an example of this? You mean like 10 orange Balenciaga bags in diff. sizes?

9. Totally rational, you can never have too many black bags!

10. i think as long as you USE the bags, then its totally ok to have 9 black bags. What isn't rational is having them and letting them gather dust.:yes:

11. One can justify ANYTHING!!! You've articulated the purpose of each, and they seem different enough (to me at least) that each one plays a valuable role in your closet. Not to get super nerdy about it (but I'm a nerd so I will), but you could always determine a list of criteria (eg size, practicality, condition, cost per wear etc) and then evaluate each one according to that criteria. So then if you decide you do have to downsize, you know where to start.

12. What I might find bizarre is if you had the same bag by the same designer in the same color only in different sizes.

But you don't, so YAY!!![/quote]

LOL, can you give me an example of this? You mean like 10 orange Balenciaga bags in diff. sizes?[/quote]

Just 10 Bal bags in the same color family AND same style of bag would do it !!!!

Gung, you crack me up! You don't have to rationalize a thing!

13. I voted NO. Personally, that's too many black bags for me. I'm into color and would probably have 3 black bags at the most. Currently, I have 1 black bag (Kooba Scarlett) and planning on adding a Channel Pochette or Flap in black. I think that'll do it for me with blacks.

14. I say yes only if you use them..

15. If you use them and love them then perfect! I used to be a all black bag kind of girl until I started getting into the colors. If they're not being used then I would make room for those that you will.