'80s Movies

1. I was doing a search on Youtube for Send Me an Angel and found this clip from the movie Rad:

What '80s movies do you remember watching over and over again?

2. Omg, I love the 80s - the movies, the music, the fashion - everything! Thanks for posting!

3. I love the '80s, too . . . not so much the fashion, but the music and the movies.

(I guess I'm kind of reliving them now. I can't really say I was a Child of the '80s because I only remember the tail end of them. I was born in December of '79. )

4. I don't remember any of those movies Caitlin! LOL!

But I can watch these movies over and over again and actually have watched them countless times:

Pretty in Pink
    Say Anything
    Breakfast Club
    Sixteen Candles
    Better Off Dead
    St. Elmo's Fire
    The Sure Thing
    Mannequin
    Fresh Horses
    Weekend at Bernie's
    (I obviously had a thing for Andrew McCarthy and John Cusack!:love:)

5. Say Anything!! The scene with the boombox and Peter Gabriel singing "In your eyes" whewww!! Classic scene for years to come!:yahoo:

6. I was born in 88, so I only got hooked on the 80s a few years ago, but I did buy a lot of 80s movies (Ferris Bueller's day off is definitely in my top ten list - I have a crush on Cameron!) and I'm dying to get a pair of ray ban wayfarers (sp?)!

7. ^^Oh yes, I forgot about Ferris Bueller!! Love that one too!

8. I've watched Dirty Dancing to the point of nausea for my husband! I literally must watch it every time I even scan through the channels! LOVE that movie!

9. Who could forget The Goonies?

10. I have a brother a year younger than I.
    Growing up we either had to agree on movies when we rented videos or we each rented what we wanted and then took turns watching. I would usually watch his picks, but he would not watch mine.

11. I AM SO AN 80'S FAN!!

DH HATES that I always watch 80's movies and pretty much only listen to 80's in the car. We have Sirius and they have two great 80's stations:

Channel 8 - big 80's - classic 80's
    Channel 22 - first wave - they play the alternative 80's music (like Depeche Mode, The Cure, Echo & The Bunnymen, etc)

okay fave 80's movies:

Sixteen Candles
    The Breakfast Club
    Pretty In Pink
    Some Kind of Wonderful
    Valley Girl
    Fast Times At Ridgemont High
    The Lost Boys
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    The Outsiders
    Dirty Dancing
    North Shore
    Weird Science
    Karate Kid
    Lucas
    Goonies

and have to give some recognition to Grease, which is a GREAT movie but made in 78!!

12. One word.

Heathers

So good!:yahoo:

13. Totally!!! The epitome of the 80s!!!

Still get some great quotes off that :graucho:

What about Urban Cowboy!?!?

I had such the thing for John Travolta!!

14. OMG, I can't believe I forgot Urban Cowboy and An Officer And A Gentleman!!

GREAT MOVIES!!

Heathers was funny too!

15. Loved Heathers too!!

Does it count that I also LOVE The Wedding Singer (set in 1985)? I can quote major portions of that movie. :lol: