70's lovers!?

1. Ok so at my salon here and there we do free dress day (because on the norm we wear all black) and this up coming Saturday we chose to theme the free dress day and came up with hippie themed! Sounds like fun huh? Yeah well at first i thought it would be easy....some bell bottoms...tye die shirt...sandals...but then i really started thinking about it and i don't want to look like a guy! I want to look really cute! So help me out ladies and gents! What are some ideas? From head to toe? Pictures are more than welcome!

2. Do you have any DVF-like printed wrap dresses? Those were really popular in the 70s and are really cute. I was watching an old movie from the 70s last weekend and saw them Cybil Sheppard (sp?) and she looked great in them.

Tory Burch does a lot of 60s style clothing... may be good for some ideas since the 60s and 70s are pretty close.

Something like this...
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2932335?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=keywordsearch&keyword=DVF+in+All+Categories&origin=searchresults

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2932301?refsid=186645&refcat=0%7e2376776%7e2378685%7e2378687%7e2378704&SourceID=1&SlotID=2&origin=related

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2945796/0~6006558~6006559~6006574~6006687?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6006687&P=1

Or something like this with bell bottoms:
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2945810?search=true&searchtype=keywordsearch

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2945806/0~6006558~6006559~6006574~6006687?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6006687&P=1

3. Oh!! I think I do this on a weekly basis! :p

Go with a white babydoll dress and some tan boots?

Do some modern, hippie style:smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Saks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok Sorry, I went a little crazy looking at Saks. But you get the idea. Hope this helps! :smile:

4. you can also check out Urban Outfitters. They have a couple of this styled look at the moment and if you're considering going cheaper because it's just a one day thing! :smile:

5. Thanks guys! And yes most definitely on the CHEAPER side I was even thinking of going to a thrift shop and seeing what I might find! ZoeyZoo those dresses were darling though! I have till Saturday, so keep the advice comin guys!

6. Thanks... I'm glad you liked them.

Since you liked the DVF dresses check out Forever 21. They actually copied a few DVF prints and styles. They are so close they are now being sued by DVF for copyright infridgement. You should be able to find a good knock off for $30 or so there.

I also saw graphic prints at New York and Company like this:
    [​IMG]

Old Navy had some trapeez tops ($15) and wide leg trouser pants ($30). If you paired those with with some platform shoes it would also be a cute 70s look.

Something like this... the top and pants are from Old Navy. The shoes are $13 from Payless:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Espedrilles were also big in the 70s. These are from Old Navy for $12.99
    [​IMG]

7. Awesome stuff! Im going to have to check out old navy tomorrow! I was at Target tonight and saw the cutest things! But i decided to check out a few places before i decide here are a few things i found and have my eye on let me know what you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So yeah a few things i saw...but i think my main problem is if i don't wear a dress...what kind of pants or bottoms? I have some wide leg pants that are black but what about shoes? I have nooooooo clue what shoes to wear! Those payless shoes looked cute i'll have to check those out! Thanks so much for the help so far ladies you don't even know how much your helping me!!!

8. I really like the Libertine top. I saw it at Target and it just doesn't work on me but it really cute (first one). The vest has a nice funky look to it too.

The wide leg or flares will look fine since there aren't a lot of bell bottoms out right now. I would just stay slim on the top since you are doing a lot of volume on the bottom. If you buy something with a lot of volume, you can tone it down with something closer to the body like a cardigan and/or belt. If you need wide leg pants Gap online has some denim trousers and old navy has black, brown, and gray wide leg trousers right now.

For shoes platforms, espedrilles, and wooden clogs were big in the 70s and are are available right now at a lot of different price points. I found some 70s inspired shoes at Payless and Old Navy (above posts).

Donald Pilner is doing a lot of 70s inspired shoes right now... they are a little more money but they are usually really comfortable and well made. I found these at Zappos. I own pic 3 and 5 of these shoes and they are really comfortable, not too high of an instep, and I can be on my feet all day with them. They look great with pants.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I also found this top at Ann Taylor this morning...
    http://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=9063&categoryId=181&pCategoryId=101&productVariantId=52533&quantity=1&itemGUID=1e833534c0a865686d6b3553145f4330&sizeType=Misses&color=Black&size=Medium

9. I think short track shorts (VS has some that look kind of 70s) with knee socks and sneakers (old school Nikes, maybe?) would be cute and very "Charlies Angels" like.

10. Also check out new york and company. I went there at lunch and they had a ton of retro prints. Most of the tops are buy one get one 50% off right now.

11. Well, I was a teenager in the 70's. I'm thinking hot pants, maybe a cute tee, something with rolling stones, kiss logo? I'm thinking along the lines of clothing in the movie Boogie nights which is one of my favorite movies.

12. [​IMG]

The dress on the left is amazing!! Who makes it, and how much does it cost? :drool: