7-Up Chicken (easy)

1. So my college roomate made this for me years ago, and I have been making it ever since! I know, 7-up??? Don't knock it until you try it!

Ingredients:

6-8 Chicken Drumsticks (any cut will do... if using thighs, trim fat)
    1-2 cans of 7-up depending on the amount of chicken you cook
    Garlic Salt
    Ground Pepper
    Olive Oil, or EVOO

Directions:
    Rub lots of garlic salt and pepper on to the chicken. I usually let it marinate for an hour or so, but you don't have to. Heat olive oil in a pan and brown the chicken on all sides. Pour a can (or more depending on the amount of chicken) of 7-up into the pan and bring to a boil. Turn heat to med. low and simmer for 30 min. to an hour, making sure to turn the chicken every once in awhile. During this time the sauce will thicken and become savory from the chicken juices and garlic salt. The longer you cook the better the sauce gets! :drool:

I usually make white rice with this dish and spoon the chicken and sauce over the rice. Accompany it with some steamed veggies and viola, a yummy dinner that your S.O. AND kids will love!

2. This looks good! I am going to try this tonight for my family!! Thanks for the great recipe!! :smile:

3. thanks for sharing. this sounds really yummy....I think I will try it as welll.

4. so creative!! I wonder if this will work with Ginger ale as well?

5. ^ I bet it would change the taste. Does the chicken come out really sweet with the 7-up??

6. Oh! its similar to the recipe i know!
    but you use Coke instead! and add soya sauce! its really good! just boil the chicken in it! seriously try it!!

7. Thanks! Making it...especially so I can say "guess what THIS is made with?":yes:

8. Wow, this sounds great :drool: . I'm going to have to give it a try.

9. I'm so glad you're all trying it! As for the sauce the consistency should be kinda like gravy...taste after 30 mins and see if you need to add more salt. The sauce is a lil sweet, but not that sweet.

10. i'll need to try this tonight. looks easy enough for me, lol.

11. I HATE TO COOK....But I think I'll try this dish.....:smile:

12. Looks great and somewhat easy.

Have you ever tried 7 up cake? It's so good! It's basically a pound cake and you replace the liquids with 7 up. Would be a wonderful dessert to the 7 up chicken.
    I must try that chicken this week! Thx.

13. My dad used to do this with beer. Personally I think it tastes better with 7-up. It gives it more of a tangy lemon taste.

14. So-did anyone really do it? How did it come out?

15. I'm curious too! I made it last week, but didn't think to take pics to post.