Food 7-Up Chicken (easy)

USCgerl

O.G.
Nov 25, 2005
So my college roomate made this for me years ago, and I have been making it ever since! I know, 7-up??? Don't knock it until you try it!

Ingredients:

6-8 Chicken Drumsticks (any cut will do... if using thighs, trim fat)
1-2 cans of 7-up depending on the amount of chicken you cook
Garlic Salt
Ground Pepper
Olive Oil, or EVOO

Directions:
Rub lots of garlic salt and pepper on to the chicken. I usually let it marinate for an hour or so, but you don't have to. Heat olive oil in a pan and brown the chicken on all sides. Pour a can (or more depending on the amount of chicken) of 7-up into the pan and bring to a boil. Turn heat to med. low and simmer for 30 min. to an hour, making sure to turn the chicken every once in awhile. During this time the sauce will thicken and become savory from the chicken juices and garlic salt. The longer you cook the better the sauce gets! :drool:

I usually make white rice with this dish and spoon the chicken and sauce over the rice. Accompany it with some steamed veggies and viola, a yummy dinner that your S.O. AND kids will love!

I'm so glad you're all trying it! As for the sauce the consistency should be kinda like gravy...taste after 30 mins and see if you need to add more salt. The sauce is a lil sweet, but not that sweet.

Looks great and somewhat easy.

Have you ever tried 7 up cake? It's so good! It's basically a pound cake and you replace the liquids with 7 up. Would be a wonderful dessert to the 7 up chicken.
I must try that chicken this week! Thx.