50 and Fabulous!

I have a question for all my 50's and Fabulous friends. Anybody own either the Musette or Musette Salsa? Please tell me if you love it and if it is comfortable and convenient. I keep checking them out online. TIA!

Hi Big Eyes
My name is Patty and I'm 55...didnt get the time to join u guys as yet:smile:...will do so later. Just wanted to say that I have the musette salsa long strap and use it as my "concert" bag also when I'm just running errands and want to be hands free...am very pleased with it...hope this helps.
later,
Regards from Patty

Hi Big Eyes
My name is Patty and I'm 55...didnt get the time to join u guys as yet:smile:...will do so later. Just wanted to say that I have the musette salsa long strap and use it as my "concert" bag also when I'm just running errands and want to be hands free...am very pleased with it...hope this helps.
later,
Regards from Patty

Patty,

Welcome to our club! Thank you for your response. That makes three votes for the Musette Salsa! :yes:

You know, another bag that is really nice, about the same size, with a long strap, is the Drouot. Doesn't get a lot of "press," but it's a really functional bag for shopping and can go cross body too. I do love the Musette Salsa. It's one I'm keeping my eyes open for.

You know, another bag that is really nice, about the same size, with a long strap, is the Drouot. Doesn't get a lot of "press," but it's a really functional bag for shopping and can go cross body too. I do love the Musette Salsa. It's one I'm keeping my eyes open for.

charleston-mom,

I just checked out the Drouot on louisvuitton.com. It is a beautiful bag. The only thing I wonder about is if it would be at all bulky at the bottom because of the bucket bottom shape. Would it lie as flat against the body as the Salsa? The one thing that I like better on the Drouot is the ease of entry into the bag...... zip to open..... zip to close.... :smile:

Big Eyes, I have the Musette Salsa and I like it because it isn't haevy! It holds a wallet (not the zippy wallet, but a "normal" size), the mobile phone, the keys and the mini pochette with my pills and lip stick. I think it's really an agreable bag.:tup:
The Drouot and the Danube i don't like because they aren't good to open. The zip is very close.
The Salsa is a good bag for walking with my dogs, for shopping and for travel too, because it's light and I have my hands free! Go for it!

Big Eyes, I have the Musette Salsa and I like it because it isn't haevy! It holds a wallet (not the zippy wallet, but a "normal" size), the mobile phone, the keys and the mini pochette with my pills and lip stick. I think it's really an agreable bag.:tup:
The Drouot and the Danube i don't like because they aren't good to open. The zip is very close.
The Salsa is a good bag for walking with my dogs, for shopping and for travel too, because it's light and I have my hands free! Go for it!

Hi Atlantique!

I have been looking on ELUX daily for the Monogram Musette Salsa. So far no luck. Also, louisvuitton.com does not have it in stock. But I will keep my eyes open for it. It really does look like an easy bag to wear. Charleston-mom suggested the Drouot, but you don't like the opening. Buying a a handbag is never an emergency..... so I will take my time. It is nice to hear from you, again.

Love,
Big Eyes
:smile::smile::smile:

Big Eyes, if you like a bag, which is easy to open and very light, you have to go for the Salsa. The Drouot is nice, but me personally I don't like the opening. It's very close. The same problem I had with the Danube. I'm wondering that the Salsa isn't available - in Switzerland they have it on stock every times. It's a very popular bag here! Take time to choose.
Greetings from sunny Switzerland.:love:

Bumping this thread up as I a now eligible to be a member!!! Where are all the 50 and fab LV lovers at now?

I'll start...I'm still devoted to my Speedys! They are perfect for my life...I can load them up if need be and as a working mom these are my workhorse bags. I live too far away from an LV so it's a once a year event for me to see a shop as I have to travel at least 5hours to do so. I recently visited a Saks LV boutique and found I loved the size of the new Cles the most. One of those will be my next purchase.

Who is next???

Glad to see this thread back - wondered where it went! Welcome!

Hi Charleston-mom. I'm back, too! And still loving LV........
My latest purchase was the Bloomsbury PM, which I bought about two weeks ago. I really like the messenger style, hands free. It was a tough choice, though, between the Odeon and the Bloomsbury. But the Bloomsbury won because it is so damned cute......

OK..... calling all the other Fabulous 50's on board. Let our voices and our experience be heard!