40-Year-Old Former Teacher Marries 16-Year-Old Student

1. For the record: :sick::sick::sick::sick:

2. :throwup::throwup::throwup::throwup: just sick

3. Wow.

weird.

Parents couldn't do anything? Ground her? Take her off the track team? File a TRO?

And why give permission for the marriage? I'm assuming so it's so Coach could legally have sex... but if the parents withheld permission, doesn't the relationship fall under statutory..or at least sexual assault, given the girl's age?

4. A 40 year old man who's wife is a 16 year old junior in high school? Disgusting.

5. :wtf:
    :throwup:

6. i guess the parents didn't want to lose their child so they gave their permission, even though not happy about it.

to be honest, I don't know what to say about this - would we feel different if she was 18, the age considered to be an adult here? or if he was in his 20s? or if he wasn't her coach? my cousin's hubby is over 20 years her senior and he was her doc when they met (orthopedics!). I guess she was about 18 - some people in the family got upset bec of the age gap but not bec she was 18 and he was around 40. now that she is over 30 she is not that crazy about the age gap anymore. it's not for me personally anyway.

I guess a lot of trust issues here - teacher /student, underage/ grown up - especially as they got involved even earlier than that.

7. I totaly agree with this.

I just hope it works out for the two of them

8. Utterly disgusting! Legalised paedophilia this marriage is!

9. I thought we talked about this? You are NOT to post anything remotely personal on this Forum. You know why.
    Last warning.

10. Did she get an A?

11. I'm sorry, I don't feel this is one of those "whatever works." situations.

She's a minor. He's an adult who was in a position of authority over her. This isn't a 40 year old dating a 63 year old or even a 20 year old dating a 43 year old. This is a child. The brain development of a teenager is not complete at 16. Countless studies have been done on this-the emotional development just isn't there yet. It's not that of a functioning adult. This isn't a relationship between two consenting adults.

I think it's terrible of those parents to consent to the marriage & if it were my kid I'd have his ass charged with statutory rape.

12. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

I agree 100 % with Jillybean...

13. Sick pervert!!

14. :throwup: Gross!!

La miss- maybe you can update with a mugshot??:p