4 Bodies Found In DC Ages between 5 and 17

1. I am trying to find the article online, but cant seem to find it yet.. They are talking about now on CNN..

2. WASHINGTON — Authorities have found the bodies of four juveniles inside a southeast Washington home.
    U.S. Marshals Service spokesman Cole Barnhart says the bodies were found on the second floor of the two-story row house about 10 a.m. by marshals who were delivering an eviction notice.
    He says an adult who was in the home was taken into police custody for questioning.
    Barnhart said the victims appeared to have been dead for "some time," though he would not elaborate. He said the bodies appeared to be between the ages of 5 and 17.
    Fire department spokesman Alan Etter says authorities have no details on how they died.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,321327,00.html

3. Thta's so sad. I will check washingtonpost.com.

4. Four Bodies Found in Southeast D.C.

Source: washingtonpost.com

By Allison Klein and Joshua Zumbrun
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Wednesday, January 9, 2008; 3:37 PM

Four people were found dead this morning in a house in the 4200 block of Sixth Street SE, D.C. police said. Police are investigating the case as four homicides.
    The bodies are of children and teenagers ages 5 to 18.
    Fire officials said the bodies were in an advanced state of decomposition.
    The gruesome discovery was made when U.S. marshals arrived at the two-story gray brick rowhouse in the Washington Highlands neighborhood about 10 a.m. to serve an eviction notice, authorities said. A woman opened the door and let them in. The marshals discovered the bodies and immediately notified police. The woman who answered the door is being questioned at police headquarters, officials said.
    A police source said that the children were upstairs in the home and that the oldest child was by herself in one room. The location of the other three was unclear. A police source said that officers had canvassed the neighborhood for an unrelated homicide in recent months and at the time expressed concern about the welfare of the children in the house and contacted Child Protective Services.
    Preliminary findings suggested that the deaths were the result of a domestic situation, police said.
    No identifications of the victims, or of the woman taken in for questioning, were immediately available. A law enforcement source said it was impossible to immediately tell the sex of the victims because they were so badly decomposed. The bodies had been in the home for at least several days, according to Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier, who was at the scene.
    According to D.C. Public Schools spokeswoman Mafara Hobson, only one of the children had ever been enrolled in D.C. public schools. The student, whom Hobson was not authorized to name, had once been enrolled at Stuart-Hobson Middle School but withdrew in 2006. The other three had been enrolled in non-public schools, but as of today none of the four was enrolled in any school in the city, public or private, Hobson said.
    Karen Brown, who moved to the neighborhood about a year ago, said four girls lived in the house. Brown said she used to see the girls playing outside but had not seen anyone go in or out of the house since the summer. Brown said that the mother of the house used to be a large woman but that the woman who left the house this morning with police was very small and frail.
    D.C. Council member Marion Barry (D-Ward 8) expressed surprise that the children had not been reported missing sooner. "The kids are supposed to be in school. It shows how people drop out of the system," he said.
    City Administrator Dan Tangherlini said: "It's an incredibly tragic event. We know much less than we need to about this case."
    Staff writer Debbi Wilgoren contributed to this report.

5. I just heard this story on the news.....this just breaks my heart.

A neighbor says that a woman and her children live there....but the neighbor has not seen the children since the summer.:sad: More needs to be learned, but as of now it sounds as though these children have been dead in this house for some time.

I just can't imagine.....

6. How awful! I hope that they can find out what happened here so these children can rest in peace.

7. wtf!!!

8. I don't see how four kids can be misisng for so long. It's so sad that nobody cared. It seem that someone would have at least smelled the bodies, prompting an investigation. This is so very sad!

9. Omg!

10. It has also been said that a neighbor made complaints about a smell coming thru the air vents months ago.

Aside from the heartwrenching idea that the mother has done this.....how could she live in the house all this time? It's just so difficult for me to wrap my brain around.

11. This is a tragedy. How could this person be in the house with 4 dead bodies??

12. i heard that on the news this morning, and they were decomposing, so its not like they were recently dead.

how can you even live in a home with bodies that have been dead for a good minute? that woman needs serious help

13. I heard this morning that the children were dead for at least two weeks and the husband died about a year ago and the mother fell into a deep depresion. Clearly the mother was troubled. It is such sad news, praying for the children and the mom.

14. i dont get it.. Did she kill her children...