30 cm Birkin vs. 35?

Ladies - I know its been several years since this question came up ans i'd like to hear everyones thoughts on a 30 birkin over a 35. I have a few 35s but would like to purchase a lime and i was thinking this time to do a 30. All the pics i see online are of people with 35's. Im nervous i might be making a mistake since im so used to the standard 35.

I would say proportion will dictate your choice, but without knowing ur height and since u already have a few 35s, i would say go for 30 for variety, plus lime is a bright color so 30 will be a great pop without overwelming... Just my 2 cents. =)

Ladies - I know its been several years since this question came up ans i'd like to hear everyones thoughts on a 30 birkin over a 35. I have a few 35s but would like to purchase a lime and i was thinking this time to do a 30. All the pics i see online are of people with 35's. Im nervous i might be making a mistake since im so used to the standard 35.

I would say proportion will dictate your choice, but without knowing ur height and since u already have a few 35s, i would say go for 30 for variety, plus lime is a bright color so 30 will be a great pop without overwelming... Just my 2 cents. =)

good advice!

laf724 said:

Depends on your frame and how you wear your bag. I tried the 30 and i felt it was too small for me (i'm 5'7", 130 lb). I use my 35 as a day bag. I find it doesn't transition well to a night bag (it is a tote, afterall). Maybe a 30 would?

Reactions: Birkinitis

For a pop color, and especially one as neon as lime, definitely 30 will not look too small unless you are tall and big.

I have the opportunity to purchase a 30 cm birkin in black or a 35 cm in etoupe . I am thoroughly confused as the black is a more wearable color than etoupe . Although I know I will use etoupe a lot too . I am just not sure as to if 30 is too small . Please advise .

Congratulations on having a good dilemma. I'm 5'6" and prefer 30s. I have a black B 30 and a Jypsiere in etoupe. I find etoupe to be a great neutral and year round. Although I use my black in summer, I tend to not use it as much as my other color bags. Only you and your wardrobe can decide. I would totally add a B30 in etoupe to my collection once I am able to get others higher up on my wish list.

Good luck!

I have the opportunity to purchase a 30 cm birkin in black or a 35 cm in etoupe . I am thoroughly confused as the black is a more wearable color than etoupe . Although I know I will use etoupe a lot too . I am just not sure as to if 30 is too small . Please advise .
What h you own currently?
Both b what specs?

As a big fan of 35 I started to love 30 too! it's lighter and big enough! But really depends on you and how you see yourself with a smaller bag. Black in 30 more elegant etoupe in 35 very casual bag but still a classic. I own a 35 in etoupe and I used it a lot.

You won't be wrong with both. :P

Will they let you buy both?? ;)

They are totally different looks. Depends on what you want to use the bag for. I have both sizes. I use my etain 30 for going out for dinner because you can definitely dress up with a 30. And I use my gold 35 during the day, like going out for brunch/lunch, shopping etc.

It's a great dilemma to have and I wish you all the best with your decision :smile: