25 vs. 28

I SO'd a 25 and now am seriously thinking of passing it up when it arrives. After seeing some 25's in the flesh recently at the store I don't think I could fit a wallet and other necessities in it. Also I honestly think it looks too tiny on me and I am 5'3".

NinjaSue is our resident 25cm expert and I believe that she once owned a 28cm and found it to be a bit too large (I may be wrong, of course), so she may have valuable imput on this subject.

Dear Shopmom....the difference is 3cm...close to a inch, but, makes all the difference between day/night. I have the 25 and love it for night, the 28 was too big for that, and too small for day for me,...I guess you will just have to try it when you come over!

Shopmom, if you like small bags, you may like the 25. But, what I'm wondering ( and don't know ) is what is the depth of the 25 as compared to the 28? We talk about width but not depth and it does make a difference.

There is a world of difference ( to me ) in a 28 and a 32 Kelly....is there for you? And, still, I don't find the 35 too big at all because it is not deep, merely a little wide.

Susi......yes. I know what you mean about the 28 vs 32. Honestly, there is so much room in my vintage 32 that I was really surprised. I think for me the perfect Kelly size is a 28cm. In a 28cm I can go either Sellier or Retourne although I'm realizing that I really like Kelly's with the outside stitching best.

The 25cm measurements are: 9-3/4 x 7-1/2 x 4"

I don't think that I would feel comfortable with a 25cm sellier Kelly. I have 25cm Birkin, but the extra width and the softer construction allows you to put more in. If you want it strictly as a dress up bag, that is another story. I think you are small and could certainly pull it off without looking foolish. There is something about taller girls and tiny bags that is offputting to me. Now that you have the black plume elan, do your really need it? (Ha Ha stupid question!)

D - I think you'd like a 25. Just one. For evening. Make it a special one. Perhaps Gris Touterelle, or Graphite, or Anthracite (talking croc here) or Etoupe in Croc or Chevre?

Oh lordy.........a small Graphite Croc Kelly........ARGH!!!! So much temptation for one on a bloody-bag-buying-ban!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they'll have a little something in NYC.........

28 is perfect. Perfect size, perfect dimension. I'm almost considering selling my 32 black box and downsizing to a 28 black box.......

Oh Good GOD don't fry me but so am I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(J/K........I just heard my vintage Black Box Kelly screaming in the other room)

But I might have to ADD one......if you KWIM.

Oh lordy.........a small Graphite Croc Kelly........ARGH!!!! So much temptation for one on a bloody-bag-buying-ban!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they'll have a little something in NYC.........

Okay, I must have missed something? WHO PUT YOU ON THIS BAN???? That red 25cm looks SO CUTE, and just that pop of color if you are the type to wear mostly black or dark colors in the evening.

Sorry, need to do some enabling? I'm on a purse ban, but it's SELF INFLICTED, and IT IS GIVING ME NIGHT SWEATS!!:sweatdrop: